|Industry||Internet and Mobile Application|
|Founded||Seoul, South Korea (March 1, 2013)|
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
|Ram Lee & Jongman Park (co-CEOs)|
|Products||BAND (social network)
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Camp Mobile Taiwan
Camp Mobile Japan
Camp Mobile USA
Camp Mobile, founded in February 2013, is a mobile application development company based in Seoul, Korea. Ram Lee and Jongmahn Park are the co-CEOs. The company currently operates six mobile services ranging from social network service to smartwatch application, including BAND, SNOW, Whoscall, WatchMaster, LINE Deco and LINE Launcher.
Camp Mobile is a subsidiary of NAVER Corporation, Korea’s dominant search engine and portal. Camp Mobile has international branch offices in the U.S., Taiwan, and India.
In February, 2013, Camp Mobile has spun off from NAVER Corporation with the BAND application, a group social network service initially developed inside NAVER. The main purpose behind the spin off was for NAVER to create a separate, agile unit solely focused on creating mobile applications for the overseas market.
In March, 2013, Camp Mobile launched LINE Launcher, an Android launcher application.
In December, 2013, Camp Mobile acquired a Taiwanese mobile startup Gogolook, the developer of mobile caller identification service Whoscall.
In March, 2014, Camp Mobile launched LINE Deco, a phone decorating Android/iOS application.
In May, 2015, Camp Mobile launched WatchMaster, a watchface design platform for Android Wear.
In September, 2015, Camp Mobile launched SNOW, a camera app featuring filters and animated stickers.
Camp Mobile’s mobile applications are as follows:
- BAND, launched in August, 2012, is a group communication service hugely popular in Korea with over 50 million global downloads (as of September, 2015).
- SNOW is a camera app featuring filters and animated stickers with facial recognition capability. SNOW has been ranked number 1 in the camera category on the Appstore in Korea, Vietnam, and the Philippines. SNOW has been ranked on Top 10 list on the Japanese Appstore.
- Whoscall is a mobile spam filter and caller identification service which provides users with information on the caller based on its unique database that continues to build up with the user community's report system. The download number reached 30 million in September, 2015.
- WatchMaster is a watchface design platform for Android Wear. WatchMaster has been selected as Google Play's Featured app.
- LINE Deco is a phone decorating Android/iOS application offering design icons, wallpapers, and widgets. LINE Deco surpassed the 30 million download mark in October, 2015.
- LINE Launcher is an Android launcher app specialized in decorating the phone. The number of downloads reached 20 million in August, 2015.
- "South Korean mobile app Band hits 50 million downloads". e27. Retrieved 2016-02-01.
- trends, Boosik is a writer with Tech for Korea where he writes about interesting tech; technology, innovations His main interests lie in the intersection of; entrepreneurship; University, public policy Boosik is a currently a senior at Columbia. "Global Spam Blocking App ‘Whoscall’ Reaches 30 Million Downloads | Korean Startups News". Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "【LINE】Smartphone Customization App LINE DECO Tops 30 Million Downloads Globally | LINE Corporation | News". LINE Corporation. Retrieved 2016-02-02.