Campaign Cartographer is a Windows program created by ProFantasy Software originally in 1993, designed to draw maps for role playing and miniature war games. The CAD engine is based on FastCAD, although most of code is written by the publishers. It includes a variety of add-ons for different genres, including fantasy, modern and science fiction. Campaign Cartographer 3, was released on 30 June 2006 and has since been updated 9 times. There are currently 9 add-ons for Campaign Cartographer; 6 drawing add-ons that add tools, templates, and symbol catalogs and 3 symbol set add-ons consisting of thousands of symbols. Campaign Cartographer has been used to illustrate novels such as Shades of Gray by Lisanne Norman, Le Temple Des Eaux-Mortes by Eric Ferris, and Johannes Cabal the Detective by Jonathan L. Howard. The Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas, published by TSR, Inc. in 1999, was likewise constructed using Campaign Cartographer.
The following are commercial add-ons available for the Campaign Cartographer tool.
|City Designer||This set is used to draw settlements. It includes approximately 2000 symbols, and several drawing tools for buildings and streets.|
|Dungeon Designer||This is used to draw corridors, caves and rooms of a dungeon map. It adds about 1,000 symbols for fantasy, modern and science fiction genres.|
|Character Artist Pro||Used to create portraits of characters for role-playing games.|
|Dioramas Pro||Create terrain and props that can be used to create three-dimensional models.|
|Cosmographer||Create plans for science fiction games, including interstellar space, planetary systems, planets and starport plans for a game set in space. It can create linked, multideck drawings of starships.|
|Perspectives Pro||Create 3D isometric views of floorplans|
|Symbol Sets||These four sets add additional symbols.|
- Fannon, Sean Patrick; et al. (2000), Fantasy Roleplaying Gamer's Bible (2nd ed.), Obsidian Studios, p. 161, ISBN 0-9674429-0-7
- Armintrout, Bill (March 28, 2002), "Making Maps with Campaign Cartographer 2", The Miniatures Page, retrieved 2011-11-29
- Milawe (2009-03-29). "Create Fantasy Maps on the Windows Platform with Campaign Cartographer 3". Bright Hub. Retrieved 2009-05-16.
- "Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas", RPG.net (Skotos Tech, Inc.), retrieved 2011-11-29
- Tresca, Michael (2010), "Campaign Cartographer 2", All Game (Rovi Corporation), retrieved 2011-11-29