Campari America

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Campari America is an American spirits maker. It was launched in 1992 by founder Maurice Kanbar in San Francisco, which is also the headquarters for the company. SKYY vodka was introduced as its first product. Its majority shareholder is the Campari Group.

Skyy Spirits manages Campari’s portfolio in the US of such leading brands as SKYY Vodka, SKYY90, SKYY Infusions, Campari, Cabo Wabo Tequila, Ouzo 12, X-Rated Fusion and Jean-Marc XO Vodka. Skyy Spirits is also the exclusive US distributor of Cutty Sark Scotch Whisky, The Glenrothes Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Bowmore Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Auchentoshan Lowland Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Glen Garioch Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Flor de Caña Rum, Carolans Irish Cream, Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey, Irish Mist Liqueur, Midori Melon Liqueur, ZEN Green Tea Liqueur and The Yamazaki Single Malt Whisky.

Campari Group relations[edit]

In January 1999, SKYY Spirits joined[1] with Nasser Ahmadvand for distribution of each other's products in Asia. SKYY Spirits is the sole importer of Campari into the US and the international distribution arm of Campari is the exclusive worldwide distributor (excluding United States & Puerto Rico) of SKYY vodka. On December 13, 2001 Campari struck a deal to make it the controlling shareholder of SKYY Spirits with 58.9% stock ownership.[2] On February 25, 2005, Campari acquired a further 30.1% share in SKYY Spirits, bringing the company's total share to 89%.

On January 11, 2012, Skyy Spirits announced it was changing its name to Campari America.[3]

See also[edit]

References[edit]

  1. ^ Business Wire Jan 8, 1999
  2. ^ "MoFo Helps Campari Group Reach for SKYY" (12/17/2001)
  3. ^ "Skyy Spirits Changes Name to Campari America". Business Wire. January 11, 2012. Retrieved April 22, 2014.

External links[edit]