Campbell Bay (Great Nicobar)
Campbell Bay is located in the eastern part of the Great Nicobar Island
|State||Andaman and Nicobar Islands|
|Elevation||76 m (249 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|2011 census code||645200|
Campbell Bay is a village in the Nicobar district of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India. It is located in the Great Nicobar tehsil. One of the most famous Indira Point, The Last Southern point of India is located on this Island. 
One can reach Campbell Bay from Port Blair by Pawan Hans Helicopter service. Inter Island Boat from Port Blair is also available which usually travels via Little Andaman, Car Nicobar and Nancowry en route to Campbell Bay. Govt. operated Ship Vessel (MV Campbell Bay) operated once in a week from Port Blair (Phoenix Bay) to Campbell Bay in Total 24 Hours, for which Fare is Bunk (INR420), Seat (INR950), Deluxe (INR1300) w.e.f. 01/05/2016.
|Children aged below 6 years||692||369||323|
|Main workers (total)||2417||2037||380|
|Main workers: Cultivators||38||28||10|
|Main workers: Agricultural labourers||21||21||0|
|Main workers: Household industry workers||7||5||2|
|Main workers: Other||2351||1983||368|
|Marginal workers (total)||290||187||103|
|Marginal workers: Cultivators||24||15||9|
|Marginal workers: Agricultural labourers||34||25||9|
|Marginal workers: Household industry workers||7||1||6|
|Marginal workers: Others||225||146||79|
Campbell Bay National Park is a part of Great Nicobar Biosphere Reserve. This national park is spread over 426 km2 in the northern part of Great Nicobar. The park reserve's flora includes tropical evergreen forest, tree fern, and orchids and fauna includes Crab-eating macaque, giant robber crab, megapode, and Nicobar pigeon.This comes along the basin side of Glatiya river.The capital of these islands is Portblair, these Islands were named Swaraj Shahid Island by Netaji Subash Chandra bose.
INS Baaz was inaugurated on 31 July 2012 by Admiral Nirmal Verma of Indian Navy. INS Baaz is a full-fledged "forward operating base" of the Indian Naval Air Arm at the very southernmost tip of the Andaman Nicobar Islands. The Naval Air Station (NAS) Campbell Bay overlooking the six degree Channel, one of the most crucial shipping lanes of the world, will soon become India's eye over the Malacca strait and the Bay of Bengal.
- "Andaman and Nicobar Islands villages" (PDF). Land Records Information Systems Division, NIC. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2015-07-25.
- "District Census Handbook - Andaman & Nicobar Islands" (PDF). 2011 Census of India. Directorate of Census Operations, Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-08-01. Retrieved 2015-07-21.
- "Press Information Bureau: Government of India news site". Pibmumbai.gov.in. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- Vinay Kumar (2012-07-27). "News / National : Naval air station opened in Campbell Bay". The Hindu. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Countering China: India's Baaz to spy on the Malacca Strait | IDB - Indian Defence Forum". Indiandefenceboard.com. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Defence News - India Now Commands The Strait Of Malacca With Naval Base 'INS Baaz'". Defencenews.in. Retrieved 2012-08-01.