Campbell Bay (Great Nicobar)
Campbell Bay is located in the eastern part of the Great Nicobar Island
|State||Andaman and Nicobar Islands|
|Elevation||76 m (249 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|2011 census code||645200|
Campbell Bay is a village in the Nicobar district of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India. It is located in the Great Nicobar tehsil. One of the most famous Indira Point, The Last Southern point of India is located on this Island. 
One can reach Campbell Bay from Port Blair by Pawan Hans Helicopter service. Inter Island Boat from Port Blair is also available which usually travels via Little Andaman, Car Nicobar and Nancowry en route to Campbell Bay. MV Campbell Bay also operates once in a week from Port Blair (Phoenix Bay) to Campbell Bay.
Government is also constructing a 21 km road from Shashtri Nagar to Indira Point via a bridge on the Galathea river. The total length of the road from Zero Point to Indira point will be 56 km and it will completed witin next few years (c. 2017). This area is protected by the Indian Coast Guard.
Galathea National Park and Lighthouse are the major attractions here.
|Children aged below 6 years||692||369||323|
|Main workers (total)||2417||2037||380|
|Main workers: Cultivators||38||28||10|
|Main workers: Agricultural labourers||21||21||0|
|Main workers: Household industry workers||7||5||2|
|Main workers: Other||2351||1983||368|
|Marginal workers (total)||290||187||103|
|Marginal workers: Cultivators||24||15||9|
|Marginal workers: Agricultural labourers||34||25||9|
|Marginal workers: Household industry workers||7||1||6|
|Marginal workers: Others||225||146||79|
Campbell Bay National Park is a part of Great Nicobar Biosphere Reserve. This national park is spread over 426 km2 in the northern part of Great Nicobar. The park reserve's flora includes tropical evergreen forest, tree fern, and orchids and fauna includes Crab-eating macaque, giant robber crab, megapode, and Nicobar pigeon.This comes along the basin side of Glatiya river.The capital of these islands is Port Blair, these Islands were named Swaraj Shahid Island by Netaji Subash Chandra bose.
INS Baaz was inaugurated on 31 July 2012 by Admiral Nirmal Verma of Indian Navy. INS Baaz is a full-fledged "forward operating base" of the Indian Naval Air Arm at the very southernmost tip of the Andaman Nicobar Islands. The Naval Air Station (NAS) Campbell Bay overlooking the six degree Channel, one of the most crucial shipping lanes of the world, will soon become India's eye over the Malacca strait and the Bay of Bengal.
- "The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Main News". www.tribuneindia.com. Retrieved 25 October 2017.
- "Andaman and Nicobar Islands villages" (PDF). Land Records Information Systems Division, NIC. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 25 July 2015.
- Zero point to Indira Point road
- "District Census Handbook - Andaman & Nicobar Islands" (PDF). 2011 Census of India. Directorate of Census Operations, Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 August 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Press Information Bureau: Government of India news site". Pibmumbai.gov.in. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- Vinay Kumar (27 July 2012). "News / National : Naval air station opened in Campbell Bay". The Hindu. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- "Countering China: India's Baaz to spy on the Malacca Strait | IDB - Indian Defence Forum". Indiandefenceboard.com. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- "Defence News - India Now Commands The Strait Of Malacca With Naval Base 'INS Baaz'". Defencenews.in. Archived from the original on 1 August 2012. Retrieved 1 August 2012.