Campbell County, Wyoming
|Campbell County, Wyoming|
Location in the state of Wyoming
Wyoming's location in the U.S.
|• Total||4,807 sq mi (12,450 km2)|
|• Land||4,803 sq mi (12,440 km2)|
|• Water||4.0 sq mi (10 km2), 0.08%|
|• Density||9.6/sq mi (4/km²)|
|Time zone||Mountain: UTC-7/-6|
Campbell County is a county located in the U.S. state of Wyoming. As of the 2010 census, the population was 46,133, making it the third-most populous county in Wyoming. Its county seat is Gillette.
Campbell County comprises the Gillette, WY Micropolitan Statistical Area.
- Sheridan County, Wyoming - west
- Johnson County, Wyoming - west
- Converse County, Wyoming - south
- Weston County, Wyoming - east
- Crook County, Wyoming - east
- Powder River County, Montana - north
National protected area
|U.S. Decennial Census
As of the census of 2000, there were 33,698 people, 12,207 households, and 9,008 families residing in the county. The population density was 7 people per square mile (3/km²). There were 13,288 housing units at an average density of 3 per square mile (1/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 96.06% White, 0.15% Black or African American, 0.93% Native American, 0.32% Asian, 0.09% Pacific Islander, 1.12% from other races, and 1.34% from two or more races. 3.53% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race. 30.3% were of German, 11.4% English, 11.0% Irish, 8.5% American and 6.2% Norwegian ancestry according to Census 2000.
There were 12,207 households out of which 43.10% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.80% were married couples living together, 8.80% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.20% were non-families. Of 12,207 households, 785 were unmarried partner households: 675 heterosexual, 52 same-sex male, and 58 same-sex female.
20.20% of all households were made up of individuals and 3.90% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.73 and the average family size was 3.16.
In the county the population was spread out with 31.00% under the age of 18, 9.50% from 18 to 24, 32.30% from 25 to 44, 21.90% from 45 to 64, and 5.30% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32 years. For every 100 females there were 105.60 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 104.10 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $76,576, and the median income for a family was $53,927. Males had a median income of $41,814 versus $21,914 for females. The per capita income for the county was $20,063. About 5.60% of families and 7.60% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.70% of those under age 18 and 12.40% of those age 65 or over.
- Gillette (county seat)
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Campbell County, Wyoming
- Tom Lubnau, Speaker of the Wyoming House of Representatives
- Sue Wallis, late Republican member of the Wyoming House from Campbell County
- "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 25, 2014.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- Long, John H. (2006). "Wyoming: Individual County Chronologies". Wyoming Atlas of Historical County Boundaries. The Newberry Library. Retrieved 2011-09-06.
- Urbanek, Mae (1988). Wyoming Place Names. Missoula, MT: Mountain Press Publishing Company. ISBN 0-87842-204-8.
- "2010 Census Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. August 22, 2012. Retrieved August 5, 2015.
- "U.S. Decennial Census". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved August 5, 2015.
- "Historical Decennial Census Population for Wyoming Counties, Cities, and Towns". Wyoming Department of Administration & Information, Division of Economic Analysis. Retrieved January 25, 2014.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
||Powder River County, Montana|
|Sheridan County and Johnson County||Weston County and Crook County|