|Città di Campli|
|Frazioni||Battaglia, Boceto, Campiglio, Campovalano, Cesenà, Cognoli, Collicelli, Fichieri, Floriano, Friscoli, Gagliano, Garrufo, Guazzano, La Traversa, Masseri, Molviano, Morge, Nocella, Paduli, Pagannoni Inferiore, Pagannoni Superiore, Paterno, Piancarani, Roiano, Sant'Onofrio, Terrabianca, Traversa, Villa Camera|
|• Mayor||Pietro Quaresimale|
|• Total||73.43 km2 (28.35 sq mi)|
|Elevation||393 m (1,289 ft)|
|• Density||97/km2 (250/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||Saint Pancras|
|Saint day||10 May|
Campli (Abruzzese: Chimblë) is a town and comune in the province of Teramo, in the Abruzzo region of central Italy. It is located in the natural park known as the Gran Sasso e Monti della Laga National Park.
During the 14th century, the composer Nicolaus Ricii de Nucella Campli was born presumably in or near the town.
Festivals and events
Every year since 1964 in the month of August, there is a celebration that goes by the name of Sagra della porchetta italica (Feast of Italian Pork). It is considered to be the first such event established in the Region of Abruzzo and one of the earliest organized in all of Italy. One highlight of this festival is a pork sandwich cookoff. The festival was founded by Fernando Aurini who was seeking to attract tourists and to disseminate information about the town which once made up a portion of the holdings of the powerful Farnese family. In celebration of this event a practical tourist guide entitled "Campli" was published each year. The Sagra della porchetta italica was an immediate success with crowds of up to 10,000 people attending in the mid 1960s.
- Museo Nazionale Archeologico (National Archeological Museum) - housed in the ancient 14th century Farnese palace
- San Pietro (Church of Saint Peter): its walls contain Ancient Roman and High Medieval stone fragments
- La Scala Santa (The Sacred Step), formed by 28 wooden steps which, if climbed on ones knees, bring absolution of sins by decree of Pope Clement IV
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Campli.|
|This Abruzzo location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|