|Comune di Camponogara|
The parish church of Santa Maria Assunta and San Prosdocimo and, on the right, the town hall.
|Metropolitan city||Venice (VE)|
|Frazioni||Calcroci, Campoverardo, Premaore, Prozzolo|
|• Mayor||Gianpietro Menin|
|• Total||21 km2 (8 sq mi)|
|Elevation||5 m (16 ft)|
|Population (30 Novembre 2015)|
|• Density||630/km2 (1,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||Saint Apollonia|
|Saint day||9 February|
Camponogara (Venetian: Canponogara) is a town in the province of Venice, Veneto, Italy. It is west of SP13, not far from the nearby Brenta river. Economy is based on the production of wine, including Cabernet and Merlot, and manufacturing of shoes and leather products.
The name of the town derives from Latin by the words campus and nux ("field" and "walnut"), later simplified by Venetian language to Camponogara. That name stands as a witness of the ancient plantations typical of the territory.
Even the names of the Frazioni of Camponogara have a meaning: Campoverardo derives from the Germanic name Eberhard, probably a famous man that visited that territory during the 7th century, Prozzolo derives from the Latin word praedium ("little agricultural fund") and Premaore that can be translated in "prato maggiore" ("biggest field").
- Matteo Vanzan Master corporal of the Lagunari regiment, killed in combat in Nassiriya on 17 May 2004.
- Domenico Menin di Giovanni, born in Camponogara on 8 October 1833, lived in Rome, engineer. Member of the Expedition of the Thousand with Giuseppe Garibaldi.
- Alessandro Terrin, Italian swimmer born in Camponogara.
- Ermes Parolini, (1894-1979), a general practitioner who lived and practised medicine in Camponogara. He joined the Italian resistance movement in 1943, and treated injured British soldiers and partisans. He was incarcerated and tortured in 1945 to force him to reveal information. He was given official recognition after the end of World War II.
- All demographics and other statistics from the Italian statistical institute (Istat)
- "La comunitÃ ricorda Ermes Parolini Â"LottÃ² per pace, libertÃ e giustiziaÂ"". Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- Comitato "Ermes Parolini" (2003). Per non dimenticare Ermes Parolini. Testimonianze di un impegno durato una vita. ANPI, AVL, Provincia di Venezia, Sezioni di Camponogara.
Category:Lists of municipalities of Italy