Campton Hills, Illinois
|Township||Campton & Plato|
|Area||16.99 sq mi (44 km2)|
|- land||16.91 sq mi (44 km2)|
|- water||0.08 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Village President||Harry Blecker|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Postal code||60183 & 60175|
|Area code||630 & 847|
|Wikimedia Commons: Campton Hills, Illinois|
The village was established on May 14, 2007 by incorporating 20.3 square miles of Campton and Plato townships. The incorporation followed an April 17 referendum in which 55 percent of voters approved incorporation. Several areas on the village's boundaries disconnected within the first year of incorporation, taking advantage of less restrictive requirements imposed by state statute during that period. As of August 2009, the village comprises 17.16 square miles (44.4 km2).
The village is served by three school districts. The majority is served by St. Charles Community Unit School District 303 while the northern end is served by Central Community Unit School District 301. Kaneland Community Unit School District 302 serves the far southwest portion of the village.
The current President and one of the founders of the village is Patsy Smith.
According to the 2010 census, Campton Hills has a total area of 16.992 square miles (44.01 km2), of which 16.91 square miles (43.80 km2) (or 99.52%) is land and 0.082 square miles (0.21 km2) (or 0.48%) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 11,131 people, 3,492 occupied households, of those 90.4% are family households. The racial makeup of the village was 96.8% White, 0.3% African American, 0.4% Chippewa (group) American Indian, 1.5% Asian (with no Japanese or Vietnamese), and 1.0% both White and Asian. No person from the 2010 census was from a race not listed above. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3% of the population.
The average household size was 3.19 and the average family size was 3.36 individuals.
All age groups are represented including those 85 and older which make up 0.5% of the population. The age group between 25 to 34 years old is severely under-represented at 4.4%.
The median income for a household in the village was $128,633, and the median income for a family was $137,539. The per capita income for the village was $47,398. Those in poverty between the ages of 18 to 64 years was 4.7%.
Although Campton Hills is the official name of village. The preferred city name for 60175 which serves the majority of the residents is "Saint Charles" not Campton Hills. This has caused confusion amongst some residents, utility companies, and even the post office itself as to what the official address should be.
There are many other ZIP codes that serve Campton Hills including Wasco (60183), Lily Lake, Elburn (60119), and Elgin (60124).
In July 2012, the village released a Comprehensive Plan detailing future outlooks and developmental goals. Topics included village history, demographics, an outline of principles, policies and strategies, and also proposals for further commercial, residential and community development.
- Presecky, William (2007-05-15). "Kane County's newest village is born". Chicago Tribune.
- The Chicago Tribune reports 222 square miles (570 km2), which would constitute over 40% of the county's area. Supporters' own profile says 20.3 square miles (53 km2).
- Illinois Compiled Statutes, 65 ILCS 5/7‑3‑1
- CF Geographics LLC, official village map
- "G001 - Geographic Identifiers - 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2015-08-02.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2014". Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "Campton Hills 2010 Census Data". American FactFinder. US Census Bureau. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- "USPS.com ZIP Code Lookup for 60175". US Postal Service. Retrieved 2013-12-29.
- "Village of Campton Hills: Village Mailing Address Information".
- "Village of Campton Hills Comprehensive Plan" (PDF). Village of Campton Hills. July 2012.
- "Campton Township Open Space Map" (PDF). Village of Campton Hills. March 2013.