The service was oriented towards live streaming of U.S. college sports, streaming live and replay broadcasts of events from selected conferences that are not picked up for television, as well as other original content. It was based out of studios in Chicago, Illinois in the former Harpo Studios building, alongside sister operation 120 Sports.
On April 13, 2017, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Silver Chalice, and 120 Sports announced that they would merge Campus Insiders, 120 Sports, and Sinclair's syndication service and linear digital television channel American Sports Network into a new linear and digital sports network, which is now known as Stadium.
Campus Insiders had deals to stream events from the Mountain West Conference, the Patriot League, the West Coast Conference, and the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association, streaming a total of over 3000 events per-season. Campus Insiders operated branded digital networks for each of its partner conferences (such as the Mountain West Network, Patriot League Network, and TheW.tv). The service also partnered with Sling TV and Twitter to distribute their broadcasts via their respective services. Campus Insiders previously produced content for the Atlantic 10 Conference and the University of Oregon. All rights have now moved to Stadium.
In 2016, Campus Insiders acquired digital rights to the newly established Arizona Bowl, which was streamed online in simulcast with American Sports Network's television broadcast, and with exclusive online pre-game, halftime, and post-game shows produced by 120 Sports.
- "Time Inc.-Backed 120 Sports to Launch Internet Video Network with MLB and Other Leagues". Variety. Retrieved 30 December 2015.
- "Arizona Bowl: Campus Insiders to stream game, TV partner in the works". MWConnection (SBNation). Vox Media. Retrieved 3 October 2015.
- Brandon, Costa (December 2, 2014). "Silver Chalice Taps BeckTV To Integrate 120 Sports, Campus Insiders Studios". Sports Video Group. Retrieved June 30, 2016.
- "Sinclair Partners to Revamp, Relaunch Sports Network". Broadcasting and Cable. Retrieved 15 April 2017.
- "American Sports Network, Campus Insiders, and 120 Sports Announce Mega-Merger Deal". Underdog Dynasty (SBNation). Vox Media. Retrieved 15 April 2017.
- "Is Twitter the new home for Southern Miss football?". Sun Herald. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- Kelly, Lyell (December 7, 2015). "What you need to know about the Arizona Bowl". USA Today. The Coloradoan. Retrieved June 30, 2016.
- "Sling TV to Add Campus Insiders Network, Bolsters Live College Sports Offering". Yahoo! Finance. Yahoo! Finance. October 5, 2015. Retrieved June 30, 2016.
- "Twitter Announces Partnership With Campus Insiders To Livestream College Games". PR Newswire. PR Newswire. July 22, 2016. Retrieved July 30, 2016.
- "Sling TV continues expansion into football with launch of Campus Insiders network". Sports Illustrated. Time Inc. September 2, 2016. Retrieved May 5, 2017.
- "Arizona Bowl: American Sports Network to air game". MWConnection (SBNation). Vox Media. Retrieved 7 November 2015.
- "CAMPUS INSIDERS PARTNERS WITH MLBAM AND 120 SPORTS TO STREAM INAUGURAL NOVA® HOME LOANS ARIZONA BOWL FEATURING EXCLUSIVE, FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND PRODUCTION". Mountain West Conference. Archived from the original on 2016-02-15. Retrieved 30 December 2015.