Can't Hold Back is Eddie Money's sixth album, released in 1986. It contains Money's biggest hit, "Take Me Home Tonight" which helped bring Ronnie Spector back to the spotlight. The album was certified platinum in 1987.
The song "Stranger in a Strange Land" written by Money with Henry Small and Tom Whitlock was covered by John Entwistle. The song was featured in Entwistle's solo album The Rock on which Small sang lead vocals.
|1.||"Take Me Home Tonight" (Duet with Ronnie Spector)||Mike Leeson, Peter Vale, Ellie Greenwich, Jeff Barry, Phil Spector||3:30|
|2.||"One Love"||Eddie Money, Duncan Rowe, Davitt Sigerson||4:11|
|3.||"I Wanna Go Back"||Monty Byrom, Danny Chauncey, Ira Walker||3:56|
|4.||"Endless Nights"||John Cesario, Michele Collyer, Steve Mullen||3:23|
|5.||"One Chance"||Stan Meissner, Fred Mollin||4:45|
|6.||"We Should Be Sleeping"||Kevin Burus, Greg Lowry, Money, Glen Thompson||3:56|
|7.||"Bring On the Rain"||Money, Billy Ryan||4:54|
|8.||"I Can't Hold Back"||Money, Michael Politeau, Sigerson, Richie Zito||3:50|
|9.||"Stranger in a Strange Land"||Money, Henry Small, Tom Whitlock||3:34|
|10.||"Calm Before the Storm"||Money, John Nelson||4:31|
- "Take Me Home Tonight" (1986) #4 US
- "I Wanna Go Back" (1986) #14 US
- "Endless Nights" (1987) #21 US
- "We Should Be Sleeping" (1987) #90 US
- Eddie Money – lead vocal, harmonica, keyboards, saxophone, synthesizer arrangements on "One Love"
- Richie Zito – guitars, keyboards, synthesizers, synthesizer arrangements on "One Love"
- Duncan Rowe – guitar arrangements on "One Love"
- John Nelson – guitars-all guitars on Take Me Home Tonight-Solo on Endless Nights and Calm Before the Storm
- Arthur Barrow – keyboards, bass
- Randy Jackson, Greg Lowry, Nathan East – bass
- Steve George – keyboards, backing vocals
- Gary Chang – synthesizers, synthesizer arrangements on "One Love" and "I Can't Hold Back"
- Eddie Ulibarri – keyboards
- Paul Hanson, Danny Hull – saxophone
- Mike Baird – drums, percussion, drum overdubs on "Stranger in a Strange Land"
- Pat Mastelotto – drums, drum programming
- Jenny Meltzer, Richard Page, "Pastiche", Joe Pizzulo, Ronnie Spector, Henry Small, Sandy Sukhov, Becky West – additional vocals
- Marilyn Martin – backing vocal on "I Wanna Go Back"
- Arranged and produced by Eddie Money and Richie Zito, except "One Chance" (arranged and produced by Eddie Money, Richie Zito and David Kershenbaum)
- Recording engineers – David Leonard, Michael Frondelli, Phil Kaffel
- Assistant engineers – Michael Rosen, Tom Size; assistant engineers at Can-Am Studios: Jim Dineen, Stan Katayama
- Mixed by Eddie Money, Richie Zito and Scott Litt
- Mastered by Howie Weinberg