Can't Nobody (2NE1 song)
|Single by 2NE1|
|from the album To Anyone|
|Released||September 11, 2010|
|Producer(s)||Yang Hyun Suk, Teddy Park|
|2NE1 singles chronology|
"Can't Nobody" is a song by South Korean girl group 2NE1's album To Anyone and a dance-pop song. The song was produced and written by YG Entertainment producer Teddy Park. The song was released as the sixth single from the album. The music video was released on September 12, 2010. It was first performed on SBS' The Music Trend.
A sample of 2NE1's "Can't Nobody."
Problems playing this file? See media help.
Teddy Park, who worked with 2NE1 many times before on their previous extended play 2NE1 and their single "Try to Follow Me", wrote and produced the song. It is part of the triple "title tracks," or lead promotional singles, for the album To Anyone, along with "Clap Your Hands" and "Go Away".
Before the release of To Anyone, it was announced that the song would be part of the three title tracks. The music video was released on September 12, and the first live stage was later that night on Inkigayo. Promotions for the song would last for a month and half before ceasing for "It Hurts (Slow)".
The English version of "Can't Nobody" was released on Recochoku, a popular Japanese ringtones website, on January 19, 2011. It also coincided with the release of the music video for the English version. On February 23, 2010, it was announced that it would be packaged with the Japanese version of "Go Away" as 2NE1's debut single in Japan.
At the album's release, the song immediately charted at number four, and was the highest out of all the tracks. However, one week later, it peaked at the number two spot beneath "Go Away", another 2NE1 track. By the end of 2010 the song was downloaded over 2.337,528 times.
The music video was filmed on August 2010. Two different versions of the video were filmed: a Korean version and an English version, both directed by Seo Hyun-seung, who has also directed 2NE1's previous videos such as "Fire", "I Don't Care" and "Try to Follow Me". The filming duration of the video lasted about 4 days for both the Korean and English versions. "Can't Nobody" was released as a single while the original Korean video was officially released on September 12, 2010 on 2NE1's official YouTube account. The English version was first released on February 2, 2011 exclusively on iTunes Japan. It was later announced on March 31, 2011, that the English will be uploaded by April 7, 2011. As planned, the English version of "Can't Nobody" was re-released officially on 2NE1's YouTube channel on April 11, 2011. The Korean version of the video currently has over 10 million views as of April 2011.
Korean Version (original video)
The video begins with CL singing the intro under a curtain as she pulls the zipper down to reveal her nose and mouth. The scene changes with her wearing black attire, rising up in an elevator. As her verse begins, she is seen driving a black Lamborghini around the city of Seoul. As her verse continues, the video shows CL coming out of a pink van with "2NE1" labeled on the side. She continues to sing as Minzy, Dara and Bom are dancing behind her wearing pink space-like suits. In Minzy's verse, she dances provocatively along an isolated corridor. For the chorus, the scene shows all the members dancing as Bom and Dara sing the main vocals. In the second verse, the girls are wearing masks that resemble 1TYM's Teddy Park and G-Dragon. The next scene shows CL in a room with large stereo/robotic-type machines in the background as she performs in a yellow chair. In Minzy's verse, the scene moves back and forth from her wearing a studded hoodie and tattoos on her torso while sitting on a boombox, and her in a business suit standing next to a large black dog. The next scene shows Bom wearing a black karate suit sitting in a meditating room with her eyes closed, and another scene that shows her performing in front of lights. In Dara's scene, she's seen wearing a long and elegant gown as wind blows through the fabrics of the dress. Afterwards, the girls are all seen in a space ship as it begins to malfunction. The space craft overturns, and the girls then go down a slide. The last scene shows the girls dancing and having fun in a large white room with flashing lights. The video concludes with Dara head-butting the camera and the girls looking through it.
Credits and personnel
Charts and certifications
|South Korea (Gaon Chart)||2|
|South Korea (Gaon Chart)||2|
|South Korea (Gaon Chart)||13|
- Kim Gwan-myeong (October 1, 2010). 9월 음원차트, ★작곡가 이름값 '제대로' 했다 [September music charts, popular composers dominant]. Star News (in Korean). MoneyToday. Retrieved November 6, 2010.
- "2NE1 9월9일 '트리플타이틀'로 출격" [2NE1 to come back with triple title track on September 9th]. Newsen (in Korean). Newsen. August 17, 2010. Retrieved November 16, 2010.
- "2NE1 - Can't Nobody 뮤직 비디오" [2NE1 - Can't Nobody music video]. YG Life (in Korean). YG Entertainment. September 12, 2010. Retrieved November 16, 2010.
- "2NE1 0912 SBS인기가요 Can't Nobody" [SBS The Music Trend on September 12: 2NE1 - "Can't Nobody"]. YG Life (in Korean). YG Entertainment. September 23, 2010. Retrieved November 16, 2010.
- "2NE1 파격 변신… '아파' 뮤비 공개 인기가요 첫무대" [2NE1 unprecedented transformation... "It Hurts" MV released and Inkigayo stage]. Nate News (in Korean). SK Communications. November 1, 2010. Retrieved November 3, 2010.
- "CAN'T NOBODY (ENG VER) レコチョクにて独占先行配信開始! "Can't Nobody (Eng Ver)", exclusive downloads on Recochoku!". Avex Official Website - 2NE1 (in Japanese). Avex Group. January 19, 2011. Archived from the original on March 22, 2011. Retrieved March 9, 2011.
- "CAN'T NOBODY (ENG VER) 着うたフル® / ビデオクリップレコチョクにて独占先行配信開始" [Can't Nobody (Eng Ver) full music video / download available on sites other than Recochoku]. Avex Official Website - 2NE1 (in Japanese). Avex Group. January 26, 2011. Retrieved March 9, 2011.
- "最後の大物"２ＮＥ１、今春日本デビュー [2NE1 to debut in Japan this Spring]. Sanspo.com (in Japanese). Sankei Digital Inc. February 23, 2011. Retrieved February 22, 2011.
- "Gaon Chart Search: 2NE1". Gaon Chart (in Korean). Korea Music Content Industry Association. Retrieved October 30, 2010.
- "2010년 가온차트 부문별 Top 100위" [2010 Gaon Chart Top 100 Charts]. Gaon Chart (in Korean). Korea Music Content Industry Association. February 8, 2011. Retrieved April 11, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2NE1.|