CanCam 25th anniversary issue, January 2007
|First issue||23 November 1981|
CanCam (キャンキャン Kyankyan) is a Japanese monthly fashion magazine published by Shogakukan. Its name supposedly derives from "I Can Campus", because girls who read it are expected to become "campus leaders". The magazine was created for fashion-conscious consumers, and offers information on fashion, makeup, bags, accessories, and related topics. The magazine is targeted as a mote-kei (モテ系) fashion resource to novice office ladies as well as university students. The magazine has its headquarters in Tokyo.
In 2005 the Chinese version of CanCam was started. In March 2007 Shogakukan launched the sister magazine, AneCan, which is targeted at women in their mid- to late twenties. Model Moe Oshikiri left CanCam to become a regular for the magazine. In August 2008, it was announced that another of the magazine's popular models, Yuri Ebihara, would be "graduating" from the magazine and moving on to AneCan. Ebihara's last appearance in CanCam was the December 2008 issue. Oshikiri and Ebihara were previously part of the well-known CanCam trio with Yu Yamada.
- Ikumi Hisamatsu
- Mizuki Yamamoto
- Ayami Nakajo
- Rikako Sakata
- Naomi Trauden
- Yuki Sawa
- Akane Hotta
- Sayuri Matsumura (Nogizaka46)
Maryjun Takahashi was one of its exclusive model from April 2004 to June 2012
- 女性のリアルなライフスタイルや価値観を研究・発信する「小学館女性インサイト研究所」を設立. Cnet Japan (in Japanese). Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- 一般社団法人日本雑誌協会 印刷部数公表 [Japan Magazine Publishers Association Circulation Number Search]. Japan Magazine Publishers Association (in Japanese). Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- CanCam初男性モデルにミスター立教. Nikkan Sports News (in Japanese). Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- Roman Cybriwsky (18 February 2011), Historical Dictionary of Tokyo, Scarecrow Press, p. 68, ISBN 978-0-8108-7489-3, retrieved 15 September 2016
- "Japanese Publishing Industry" (PDF). JETRO Japan Economic Report. November 2006. Retrieved 24 April 2016.
- "Ebi-chan graduating from CanCam". Tokyograph. Retrieved 22 August 2008.
- CanCam専属モデル [CanCam exclusive models]. Shogakukan Inc. (in Japanese). Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- 土屋巴瑞季「CanCam」専属モデルを卒業 (in Japanese). modelpress. Retrieved 2017-02-25.
- 橋本奈々未、卒業記念で『CanCam』初カバーに「一生の宝物になる」 (in Japanese). oricon ME inc. 2017-01-23. Retrieved 2017-02-25.