|Street address||Sant Joan, 6|
Can Fabes was a restaurant close to Barcelona, in Sant Celoni, Catalonia, Spain. The chef was Santi Santamaria, who was the first Catalan cook ever to get 3 Michelin stars. Santamaria has been the president of Relais Gourmands and Vicepresident of Relais & Chateaux (2003-2006). Can Fabes was a member of Relais & Châteaux starting in 1989. The premises have belonged to Santamaria's family for 200 years, and he himself was born there.
Can Fabes opened in 1981 as an informal bistro serving meals to peasants who came to the local market. It was awarded its first Michelin star in 1988 and the second one in 1990.
Can Fabes closed after 32 years, in August 2013.
- "ViaMichelin Barcelona Restaurants: online restaurant guide" (web query). Michelin Guide. Michelin. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- "Can Fabes: Information". Official Web Site. Can Fabes Restaurant s.l. Archived from the original on 2012-08-26. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- "2008 Winners". S.Pellegrino The World's 50 Best Restaurants. 2008. Retrieved 2011. Check date values in:
- "Can Fabes". viamichelin.es. Archived from the original on 2012-03-20. Retrieved 24 May 2012.
- Presas, Marina (16 December 2013). "Can Fabes pone punto y final a su historia con la subasta de piezas de cocina de Santi Santamaría". El mundo (in Spanish). Retrieved 11 April 2016.
|This Spain-based restaurant or restaurant chain article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|