Can Tho International Airport
|Can Tho International Airport
Sân bay Quốc tế Cần Thơ
|Operator||Southern Airports Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||9 ft / 3 m|
The airport has been inaugurated on January 1, 2011 and disbursed US$150 million for built on 20,750 square metres (223,400 sq ft) of land, will process up to 5 million passengers a year. It will serve air travel in the region, boost Mekong Delta's economy, improving defence, security and international integration.
Trà Nóc Airport was originally constructed during the Vietnam War in 1965 by United States Air Force (USAF) civil engineering units as a military airfield. It was used by the USAF as well as being the Headquarters of the Republic of Vietnam Air Force (VNAF) 4th Air Division until 1975.
After 1975, the facility was initially unused, then later operated as a small regional airport for Can Tho. It was expanded and upgraded to international status, with completion due in 2008.
Upgrading of Trà Nóc airport
|This section does not cite any references (sources). (January 2011)|
The expansion work of Trà Nóc airport started in 4 January 2006. The project will be implemented in two phases, covering an area of 85.04 ha.
- Phase 1: due to be completed in 2008, work including: improvement of the paved runway (2,400 m x 45 m), apron (27,491 m2), cost estimate: 370 billion VND ($23 million). Upon completion, this airport will be capable to handle medium range aircraft like A320, A321, B767.
- Phase 2: construction of a terminal (19,000 m2), cargo terminal and other facilities. Cost estimate: 400–500 billion VND ($25 to 31 million). The capacity of this terminal is 2 million passengers per year.
Airlines and Destinations
|VietJet Air||Da Nang, Hanoi||Domestic|
|Thai VietJet Air||Charter: Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi||International|
|Vietnam Airlines||Da Lat, Hanoi, Phu Quoc||Domestic|
|Vietnam Airlines||Charter: Taipei–Taoyuan, Taichung, Kaohsiung||International|
- "Can Tho airport starts operation with Hanoi route". 2009-01-04.
- Vietnam opens new international airport, channelnewsasia.com, 2 January 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Can Tho International Airport.|
- Can Tho International Airport - Official Website
- Airport information for VVCT at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Can Tho Airport - Vietnam Online