Number of employees
|more than 300|
Canaan Creative, known simply as Canaan, is a China-based computer hardware manufacturer. Established in 2013 by N.G. Zhang, Canaan specializes in Blockchain servers and ASIC microprocessor solutions  for use in bitcoin mining.
Initially, Canaan mainly developed FPGA products based on the SHA-256 algorithm. After that, it released Avalon Blockchain ASIC. In 2018, Canaan's 7 nm chips, and K210 chips, which are based on RISC-V, achieved mass production.
Canaan was listed on Nasdaq in 2019.
- "A company that sold 300,000 bitcoin mining rigs last year is seeking the largest crypto IPO ever". Quartz. May 16, 2018.
- "Cryptocurrency miner Canaan eyes IPO; bets on China's push for chip industry". Reuters. April 6, 2018.
- Lee David Kuo Chuen; Low Linda (21 June 2018). Inclusive FinTech: Blockchain, Cryptocurrency and ICO. World Scientific. pp. 187–. ISBN 978-981-323-865-7.
- "Bitcoin Mining Chip Maker Canaan Considers U.S. IPO". Bloomberg News. January 8, 2019. Archived from the original on July 7, 2019.
- "Canaan Creates a Domestic AI Ecological Chain". Xinhuanet.com. 2019-06-28.
- "Canaan gave up the listing of the New Third Board Bitcoin mining machine enterprises collectively disappeared". Sina.com. March 20, 2018.
- "Bitcoin Mining Rig Maker Canaan Files for $1 Billion IPO". Bloomberg.com. May 15, 2018. Archived from the original on April 3, 2019.
- Tse, Crystal (November 20, 2019). "Bitcoin Mining Firm Canaan Ends Trading Debut Flat After IPO". Bloomberg.