Canadian-Greek relations are the relations between Canada and Greece. Both countries were the first to change and first exchanged ambassadors in 1942. Both countries are members of the United Nations, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe, and NATO. Greece has an embassy in Ottawa, as well as 3 consulates-general in Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver. Canada has an Embassy with a Consular Office in Athens and an Honorary Consulate in Thessaloniki. There is a strong Greek community living in Canada.
- Agreement on Taxation of Shipping companies (1929)
- Agreement on Social Security (1981)
- Agreement on Regular Air Transport (1987)
- Revised Agreement on Regular Air Transport
- Agreement on the Avoidance of double taxation
Canada's main exports to Greece are paper, furs, machinery, vegetables, aircraft and pharmaceutical products. Canadian merchandise imports from Greece include preserved food products, aluminium, fats and oils, and fertilizers. Greece's business community with relations to Canada and Canadian companies operating in Greece set up the Hellenic-Canadian Chamber of Commerce in 1996, whose mission is to foster the development of business relations between the two countries in trade, finance, services and investments.
Bilateral merchandise trade between Canada and Greece reached $256.3 million in 2011. Canadian exports to Greece totaled $88.1 million, led by furs, vegetables and pharmaceutical products. Greek exports to Canada totaled $168.2 million in 2011, led by food products, fats, oil (not crude) and iron/steel.
- Foreign relations of Canada
- Foreign relations of Greece
- Embassy of Greece in Ottawa
- Greek Canadians
- Canada–European Union relations
- Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement
- Canadian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International about the relations with Greece
- Canadian embassy in Athens
- Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs about the relation with Canada
- Greek embassy in Ottawa
- Greek general consulate in Montreal
- Greek general consulate in Toronto
- Greek general consulate in Vancouver
- Canadian relief work in WWII Greece
- http://www.mfa.gr/www.mfa.gr/en-US/Policy/Geographic+Regions/North+America/Canada/ Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs about the relation with Canada
- http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/greece-grece/bilateral_relations_bilaterales/index.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=9&menu=L Canadian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International about the relations with Greece