Canada–Malaysia relations refers to bilateral foreign relations between the two countries, Canada and Malaysia. Canada has a high commission in Kuala Lumpur, and Malaysia has a high commission in Ottawa. Both countries are full members of the Commonwealth of Nations. Canada has a long history of close and friendly bilateral relations with Malaysia and was the first country to recognise Malaysia's independence.
Science and technologies
Canada's trade relationship with Malaysia includes commerce across several sectors. Malaysia is also one of the members of the Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership which Canada joined in 2012.
High Commission of Malaysia, Ottawa
|High Commission of Malaysia in Ottawa|
|Address||60 Boteler Street|
|High Commissioner||Dato' Aminahtun Karim Shaharudin|
|Website||High Commission of Malaysia, Ottawa|
The High Commission of Malaysia in Ottawa is Malaysia's primary diplomatic mission in Canada. It is located at 60 Boteler Street in Ottawa ( ). The first High Commissioner of Malaysia to Canada was Tan Sri Ong Yoke Lin, who was appointed in April 1967.
The current High Commissioner of Malaysia to Canada is Her Excellency Dato' Aminahtun, since January 2016 who replaced Her Excellency Dato’ Hayati Ismail, who presented her credentials to the Governor General of Canada on 22 March 2011.
High Commission of Canada in Malaysia
|High Commission of Canada in Malaysia|
|Location||50400 Kuala Lumpur|
17th Floor, Menara Tan & Tan207 Jalan Tun Razak
|High Commissioner||Judith St. George|
|Website||High Commission of Canada in Malaysia|
The High Commission of Canada in Malaysia is found in Kuala Lumpur. The High Commissioner since April 2013 is Judith St. George. There is also a consulate headed by an honorary consul in Penang.
- "High Commission of Canada to Malaysia". Government of Canada. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Official Website of High Commission of Malaysia, Ottawa". Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Canada-Malaysia Relations". Government of Canada. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Canada's Governor-General, in Malaysia, discusses strengthening ties in science, technology". EurekAlert!. 15 November 2011. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Bright prospects for Malaysia-Canada bilateral trade". The Star. 14 February 2012. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Potential High For Expanding Canada-Malaysia Relations". Bernama. 24 July 2009. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Canada joins Trans-Pacific Partnership negotiations" (Press release). 20 June 2012. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Portal - Head of Mission". High Commission of Malaysia in Ottawa. 6 February 2016. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- "Contact and Office Information - Kuala Lumpur". High Commission of Canada in Kuala Lumpur. 8 December 2016. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- "High Commissioner Judith St. George". High Commission of Canada in Kuala Lumpur. 21 November 2014. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- "Canada – Malaysia Relations". High Commission of Canada in Kuala Lumpur. 18 March 2016. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- Canada's relations with Malaysia JSTOR
- High Commission of Malaysia in Ottawa
- Consulate General of Malaysia in Vancouver
|This article about foreign relations is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|