Canada Drugs otherwise known as CanadaDrugs.com, was one of the first companies in the suddenly growing Canadian internet mail-order pharmacy industry. It was started in 2001 by Kris Thorkelson as an off-shoot of a chain of four local pharmacies (The Prescription Shop) in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. At the time, it was Canada's largest pharmacy providing world-wide prescription services and has filled over 1,000,000 international and Canadian prescriptions through its mail order facilities. It was shut down as a result of litigation by the US federal government.
- Aidan Hollis, "How Cheap are Canada's Drugs Really?", Pharma Marketing News,Vol. 3, No. 8, VirSci Corp., Sept. 2004.
- Eric Palmer, "Feds indict Canada Drugs for sales of fake and foreign Avastin", FiercePharma. Aug 11, 2015.
- Joseph Keenan, "Feds get guilty plea in Canadian counterfeit internet drug sales case", FiercePharma. Apr 25, 2018.
- Eric Palmer, "Clients shrug as FDA slams Canadian firm shipping cheap drugs to U.S.", FiercePharma. Mar 7, 2019.
- Canada Drugs' history and closure, "What Happened to Canada Drugs and Why", 21st May, 2018.