This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Banking and Finance|
|Headquarters||Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|Pung Kheav Se, Executive Director|
Phuong Khinh Hoa, Executive Director
|$293.78 million USD (2005) |
Number of employees
Canadia Bank (Khmer: ធនាគារកាណាឌីយ៉ា) is one of the largest local banks in Cambodia. The bank was established in 1991 and became privatized in 1998. It has 22 branches in Phnom Penh and 28 branches in 20 provinces across the country.
Canadia Bank was established on 11 November 1991, as the Canadia Gold & Trust Corporation Limited, under a joint-venture with overseas Cambodians and the National Bank of Cambodia, and as a sole office financial institution managed by the former staff of the National Bank of Cambodia and Canadian Cambodian shareholders. The main activities were based on gold transaction, gold plaque manufacture and credit to local merchants.
On 19 April 1993, the name of the institution was changed to "Canadia Bank Ltd.", and subsequently to "Canadia Bank plc." on 16 December 2003, as a commercial bank registered under the Ministry of Commerce and the National Bank of Cambodia. Since privatization in 1998, the bank has become one of the largest local banks. It offers various financial services through its ten branches within Cambodia and 23 international correspondent banks, and currently holds and plans to extend noteworthy agricultural interests.
Canadia Bank has opened in 2014 a Representative Office in Shanghai for the Chinese Market.
Canadia Bank's subsidiary OCIC has completed a new bridge in Phnom Penh. The Stung Meanchey Bridge in 2014.
- 11 November 1991 - Canadia Bank is established under the name "Canadia Gold and Trust Corporation Limited"
- 19 April 1993 - The name of the then corporation is changed to "Canadia Bank LTD"
- 16 December 2003 - The name is changed from "Canadia Bank LTD" to "Canadia Bank PLC"
- Mean, Lux; Cambodia Blog. Background of Canadia Bank[permanent dead link]. Retrieved on 2007-02-10
- Canadia Bank ups agriculture loans, June 2, 2011, http://agrocambodia.wordpress.com/2011/06/02/canadia-ups-agriculture-loans/ Retrieved on 2011-06-29
- Cambodia Yellow Pages. Banking & Finance - Cambodia. Retrieved on 2007-02-10
- Canadia Bank Plc. "OCIC Annual Report 2005" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-02-10.
- Sorya Shopping Center. "Partners". Archived from the original on 2007-07-14. Retrieved 2007-02-10.
- Se, Pung Kheav. "Canadia Bank Plc.: Overseas Cambodian Investment Corp. (OCIC) Founder's Speech". Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-02-10.
- Xinhuanet, Cambodia Online. "Cambodia's Canadia Bank signs finance agreements with IFC, USAID". Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-02-10.
- "Canadia Bank opened office in Shanghai..." (Press release). Cambodia Commercial Bank (CCB). 2006-01-11. Archived from the original on 2006-10-30. Retrieved 2007-02-10.
- "International Finance Corp granted Canadia Bank US$5 million in loans..." (Press release). Cambodia Commercial Bank (CCB). 2004-11-10. Archived from the original on 2006-10-30. Retrieved 2007-02-10.
- "Canadia Bank will construct a USD15 million..." (Press release). Cambodia Commercial Bank (CCB). 2004-08-03. Archived from the original on 2006-10-30. Retrieved 2007-02-10.