Canadian Dental Association
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Full name||Canadian Dental Association|
Association dentaire canadienne
|Office location||Ottawa, Ontario|
The Canadian Dental Association (CDA), known as the Association dentaire canadienne in French, was founded in 1902. It is a non-profit professional association representing Canada's 18,000 dentists. Headquartered in Canada's capital city Ottawa, the CDA serves its members and the public by managing key oral health issues on their behalf and by coordinating dental health awareness programs across the nation.
CDA is actively involved with lobbying and advocacy initiatives and uses its leadership role to communicate to the public and the government the profession's concerns regarding managed dental care.
CDA Seal Program
The CDA Seal is a symbol to help consumers know which oral health benefit claims made by a manufacturer have been independently reviewed and are supported by scientific evidence. The seal is designed to help the public and dental professionals make informed choices. It is based on the dental symbol, the Rod of Asclepius surrounded by an interlocking circle and triangle.
CDA Corporate Membership
The Canadian Dental Association is a nationwide professional organization, representing Canadian dentists through its corporate members, who are currently:
- Association of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia
- Alberta Dental Association and College
- College of Dental Surgeons of Saskatchewan
- Manitoba Dental Association
- Ontario Dental Association
- New Brunswick Dental Society
- Northwest Territories and Nunavut
- Nova Scotia Dental Association
- Dental Association of Prince Edward Island
- Newfoundland & Labrador Dental Association
- Yukon Dental Association
Corporate members are provincial or territorial dental organizations that pay a corporate membership fee in order to represent their members' interests on a national basis.
- Journal of the Canadian Dental Association
- CDA Essentials