Canadian House of Commons Standing Committee on Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics
The House of Commons Standing Committee on Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics (ETHI) (French: Comité permanent de l’accès à l’information, de la protection des renseignements personnels et de l’éthique) is a standing committee of the House of Commons of Canada. The committee was conceived during the first session of the 38th Parliament and held its first meeting in October 2004.
- Reporting to the Parliament of Canada on issues related to ethics and privacy
- Reviewing amendments to the Lobbying Act, the Conflict of Interest Act and the Access to Information Act
- studying the reports of the Information Commissioner of Canada, the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner, and the Commissioner of Lobbying Canada.
The committee has undertaken numerous studies over the years on topics related to information sharing, national security and privacy such as Information Sharing with the United States and Privacy in Canadian Airports. The committee has also reviewed various pieces of legislation such as the Privacy Act and created corresponding reports with recommendations and amendments. For example, the committee's 2016 Protecting the Privacy of Canadians: Review of the Privacy Act report included twenty eight recommendations to facilitate modernization of the act to account for legislative and technological changes that have occurred since the original Privacy Act was enacted.
as of September 21, 2017
|Liberal||Nathaniel Erskine-Smith, Vice Chair||Beaches—East York, ON|
|Liberal||Frank Baylis||Pierrefonds—Dollard, QC|
|Liberal||Emmanuel Dubourg||Bourassa, QC|
|Liberal||Mona Fortier||Ottawa—Vanier, ON|
|Liberal||Wayne Long||Saint John—Rothesay, NB|
|Liberal||Raj Saini||Kitchener Centre, ON|
|Liberal||Joyce Murray, Parliamentary Secretary (Non-Voting Member)||Vancouver Quadra, BC|
|Conservative||Bob Zimmer, Chair||Prince George—Peace River—Northern Rockies, BC|
|Conservative||Jacques Gourde||Lévis—Lotbinière, QC|
|Conservative||Hon. Peter Kent||Thornhill, Ontario|
|New Democratic||Nathan Cullen, Vice-Chair||Skeena—Bulkley Valley, BC|
- Subcommittee on Agenda and Procedure (SETH)
- "About - Standing Committee on Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics". House of Commons Canada. Parliament of Canada.
- "Work - Standing Committee on Access to Information, Privacy and Ethics". House of Commons Canada. Parliament of Canada.
- "PROTECTING THE PRIVACY OF CANADIANS: REVIEW OF THE PRIVACY ACT". House of Commons Canada. Parliament of Canada.
|This article about a philosophy-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|