Canadian Pharmacists Association
|Canadian Pharmaceutical Association|
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2021)
The Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA), previously known as the Canadian Pharmaceutical Association, was founded in 1907 in Toronto, Ontario. CPhA is the national voice of Pharmacists in Canada, representing pharmacists practising in various fields of pharmacy in community, hospital, academia, government and corporate settings, plus pharmacy students. In 2014, CPhA adopted a new governance and membership model, most provincial pharmacy advocacy associations (PPAs) and select national pharmacist associations (NPAs) have become Organizational Members of CPhA. Their individual pharmacist and pharmacy student members are now CPhA Associates. The CPhA Board of Directors is made up of representatives appointed by each Organizational Member. The Board of Directors is responsible for setting the broad direction of the association.
In 1923, CPhA became the publisher of the Canadian Pharmacists Journal, now Canada's oldest continuously published periodical. CPhA produces evidence-based drug and therapeutic resources for health care professionals in Canada. CPhA is also a leading provider of continuing professional development aimed at helping Canadian pharmacists practice to their full potential.
CPhA Organizational Members
- Alberta Pharmacists Association (RxA)
- Association of Faculties of Pharmacy of Canada (AFPC)
- Association québécoise des pharmaciens propriétaires (AQPP)
- British Columbia Pharmacy Association (BCPhA)
- Pharmacists Manitoba (PM)
- New Brunswick Pharmacists Association (NBPA)
- Ontario Pharmacists Association (OPA)
- Pharmacists' Association of Newfoundland and Labrador (PANL)
- Pharmacists' Association of Saskatchewan (PAS)
- Pharmacy Association of Nova Scotia (PANS)
- Prince Edward Island Pharmacists Association (PEIPhA)
CPhA's Drug and Therapeutic Resources
CPhA's publishing department produces the following evidence-based drug and therapeutic resources:
- Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and Specialties
- Compendium of Therapeutic Choices
- Compendium of Products for Minor Ailments
- Compendium of Therapeutics for Minor Ailments
CPhA's Continuing Professional Development Programs
- Minor Ailments
- Lab Tests
- Medication Review Services
- Cannabis CE
- Pharmacogenomics for Community Pharmacists
- Managing Your Pharmacy: The Business Essentials
- Canadian Pharmacists Association 1907–2007, 100 Years of Leadership in Pharmacy, published by CPhA in 2007.
- "Meet Our Sponsors". Canadian Pharmacists Journal / Revue des Pharmaciens du Canada. 147 (3): 191–192. May 2014. doi:10.1177/1715163514530860. ISSN 1715-1635. PMC 4025887. PMID 24847373 – via PubMed Central.