Canadian Pharmacists Association
The Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA,) previously known as the Canadian Pharmaceutical Association, was founded in 1907 in Toronto, Ontario. CPhA is the national voice of Pharmacists in Canada, representing pharmacists practising in various fields of pharmacy in community, hospital, academia, government and corporate settings, plus pharmacy students. Its mission is advancing the health and well-being of Canadians through excellence in pharmacist care. In 2014 CPhA adopted a new governance and membership model, all provincial pharmacy advocacy associations (PPAs) and select national pharmacist associations (NPAs) have become Organizational Members of CPhA. Their individual pharmacist and pharmacy student members are now CPhA Associates. The CPhA Board of Directors is made up of representatives appointed by each Organizational Member. The Board of Directors is responsible for setting the broad direction of the association.
In 1923 CPhA became the publisher of the Canadian Pharmacists Journal, now Canada's oldest continuously published periodical. CPhA produces evidence-based drug and therapeutic resources for health care professionals in Canada. CPhA is also a leading provider of continuing professional development aimed at helping Canadian pharmacists practice to their full potential.
CPhA Organizational Members
- Alberta Pharmacists Association (RxA)
- Association of Faculties of Pharmacy of Canada (AFPC)
- Association québécoise des pharmaciens propriétaires (AQPP)
- British Columbia Pharmacy Association (BCPhA)
- Manitoba Society of Pharmacists (MSP)
- New Brunswick Pharmacists Association (NBPA)
- Ontario Pharmacists Association (OPA)
- Pharmacists’ Association of Newfoundland and Labrador (PANL)
- Pharmacists’ Association of Saskatchewan (PAS)
- Pharmacy Association of Nova Scotia (PANS)
- Prince Edward Island Pharmacists Association (PEIPhA)
CPhA's Drug and Therapeutic Resources
CPhA’s publishing department produces the following evidence-based drug and therapeutic resources:
- Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and Specialties
- Compendium of Therapeutic Choices
- Compendium of Products for Minor Ailments
- Compendium of Therapeutics for Minor Ailments
CPhA's Continuing Professional Development Programs
- Lab Tests
- Medication Review Services
Blueprint for Pharmacy
The Blueprint Task Force was established in 2007 to define a vision and clear action plan for the future of pharmacy. The Task Force includes broad representation from pharmacy stakeholders across Canada. The Canadian Pharmacists Association is the Secretariat and provides project management support. The Vision for Pharmacy is: "Optimal drug therapy outcomes for Canadians through patient-centred care."
- Canadian Pharmacists Association 1907–2007, 100 Years of Leadership in Pharmacy, published by CPhA in 2007.