|Also known as||Cash Cowboys|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||39 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Cineflix Inc.|
|Original network||History Television / History (Canada)|
|Original release||April 12, 2011– December 23, 2013|
The series was canceled on November 19, 2013, with the final episodes airing on December 23, 2013.
Similar in format to Cineflix's production, American Pickers, Canadian Pickers follows Scott Cozens and Sheldon Smithens as they travel across Canada looking for items in basements, garages, attics, sheds, barns, warehouses, storage units, flea markets, yard sales, and shops. Always clad in cowboy hats and Western wear, the pair make use of their folksy charm when negotiating the purchase of collectibles ranging from vintage furniture, antiques, and advertising to all things Canadiana in hopes of making a profit upon their resale.
Scott Cozens is a former electrician turned full-time attorney practicing in Calgary, Alberta. He can be found spending his free time traveling across Canada pursuing his childhood passion as a picker.
Sheldon Smithers is a third-generation antiques dealer, auctioneer, and appraiser with a vast knowledge of antiques and collectibles qualifying him as a professional picker. When not on picking expeditions, Sheldon teaches continuing education courses in antiques collecting at the University of Calgary located in Calgary, Alberta.
On April 12, 2011, Season 1 of Canadian Pickers debuted on History Television (which became History in August 2012). Building on the success of the first season, Season 2 aired from January 2012 to April 2012 followed by Season 3 which began airing in August 2012.
The series is syndicated outside of English Canada under the name Cash Cowboys, including in the following markets:
- Canada (French) (Historia)
- United States (H2)
- United Kingdom (History UK)
- Australia (7mate, A&E Australia)
- Brazil (NatGeo)
- Slovenia (Kanal A)
- Norway (TV2 Zebra)
Additionally, reruns of the show under its original were seen in Canada on TVtropolis.
- Afan, Emily Claire.Canadian Pickers launches online community with series debut. Playback, 2011.
- Vlessing, Etan (November 19, 2013). "'Canadian Pickers' Canceled by Shaw Media". The Hollywood Reporter.
- About the Show. CanadianPickers.com, 2011.
- Parker, David.Calgary Collectors to star in TV Show. Calgary Herald, 2011.
- Brioux, Bill.Tonight: Canadian Pickers go for "rusty gold". TV Feed My Family, 2011.
- Sheldon Smithens, Co-host of Canadian Pickers. CBC Radio West Coast Morning Show, 2011.
- Cineflix Productions website
- History channel website (English Canada)
- Historia channel website (French Canada)