Canadian Yearly Meeting
|Canadian Yearly Meeting|
|Associations||Friends World Committee for Consultation|
Genesee Yearly Meeting, Canada Yearly Meeting (Five Years Meeting),Canada Yearly Meeting (Conservative)
Canadian Yearly Meeting is a body of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), with approximately 1200 members in Canada and border areas of the United States. Its offices are located in Ottawa. It was formed in 1955 by the amalgamation of three groups from different branches of Quakerism: Genesee Yearly Meeting (Friends General Conference), Canada Yearly Meeting (Five Years Meeting) and Canada Yearly Meeting (Conservative).
- Western Half Yearly Meeting: Prairie MM, Saskatoon MM, Calgary MM, Edmonton MM, Argenta MM, Vernon MM, Vancouver MM, Vancouver Island MM, Saanich Peninsula MM.
- Pelham Half Yearly Meeting: Kitchener Area MM, Coldstream MM, Yarmouth MM, Pelham Executive Meeting.
- Yonge St. Half Yearly Meeting: Toronto MM, Hamilton MM , Yonge St. MM.
- St. Lawrence Regional Gathering: Ottawa MM, Wooler MM, Thousand Islands MM, Montreal MM, Peterborough MM.
- Atlantic Friends Gathering: New Brunswick MM, Annapolis Valley MM, Halifax MM.
The annual Yearly Meeting Sessions are held in the summer, rotating between sites in western, central and eastern Canada. CYM carries out work through various committees, including the [Canadian Friends Service Committee] Camp NeeKauNis Committee and the Quaker Book Service.
|This Quaker-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Canada-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|