Canby High School
|Canby High School|
|721 SW 4th Ave.
Canby, Oregon, (Clackamas County) 97013
|School district||Canby School District|
|Number of students||1670|
|Color(s)||Blue and gold|
|Athletics conference||OSAA Three Rivers League|
|Team name||Canby Cougars|
|Website||Canby High School|
In 2008, 86% of the school's seniors received a high school diploma. Of 395 students, 338 graduated, 37 dropped out, one received a modified diploma, and 19 were still in high school the following year.
Canby is one of three Portland-area high schools (as well as Forest Grove High School and Benson Polytechnic High School) that builds a single-family home in the community. The school takes two years to build a home, and sells it when it is completed.
|This section does not cite any sources. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Canby has had a successful football program over the years, with numerous state semi-final appearances. The school's most recent semi-final appearance was in 2013.
- Cross country
- Mark Webber is Canby's only individual state title winner in the history of the program (1986). Sean Colman was a runner up in 2006. As a team, the boys' highest state finish was third place in 1987.
- Clint Chapman is Canby's most notable alumnus. He led the cougars to a semi-final appearance in 2007, and later played for the University of Texas.
- Girls' rugby - two titles two years in a row (2009 and 2010)
- Softball (1994 and 2001)
- Dance team (2015, 2016 and 2017)
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- Owen, Betsy (2009-10-08). "High schoolers building houses in self-funded program". The Oregonian. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- Fentress, Aaron (September 2, 2007). "Hass sticks with Bears; Seahawks cut three locals". The Oregonian. pp. C10.