Canby School District
|Canby School District|
Greater Canby, Oregon
|Students and staff|
Canby School District is an 85-square-mile (220 km2) public school district based in Canby, Oregon, United States, and serving students in Canby and the surrounding rural area of Clackamas County, including the community of Carus, parts of the city of Wilsonville, and as far south as the Ninety-One School near Hubbard. There are approximately 5,000 students enrolled in the district's eight schools, which include five elementary schools, one middle school, one K-8 school, and one high school. The superintendent is Jeff Rose.
As of 2011, Trost Elementary School had an enrollment of 582. Its principal is Angie Navarro.
As of 2008, Ninety-One School—a K-8 school—had an enrollment of 532. Its principal is Skyler Rodolph. Ninety-One was formed from a merger of five rural schools in 1947. After many heated discussions about what to name the new school, in March 1950 it was named the "Ninety-One Joint School" after what was then School District 91. A month later, the word "joint" was dropped from the name.
- Baker Prairie
- Canby High School
As of 2008, Canby High School had an enrollment of 1,670. The principal is Greg Dinse.
- "2008-2009 Budget Report" (PDF). Canby School District. May 8, 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 4, 2011. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- "October 1 Enrollment Summary: 2008-2009". Oregon Department of Education. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- Green, Aimee (March 14, 2002). "Equity issue colors name debate". The Oregonian.
- "Local Community Schools". Charbonneau Neighbors. Archived from the original on 2011-07-08. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "Our Schools and Information". Canby School District. Archived from the original on 2010-11-01. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- Canby School District
- "Count of homeless students in Oregon school districts, 2008-2009" (PDF). The Oregonian. p. 6. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-10-05. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
- Carus Elementary School - Oregon City, Oregon
- Staff Directory Archived 2010-06-18 at the Wayback Machine.
- Howard Eccles Elementary School - Canby, Oregon
- Staff Directory Archived 2009-06-11 at the Wayback Machine.
- William Knight Elementary School - Canby, Oregon
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-07-21. Retrieved 2008-11-27.
- Philander Lee Elementary School in Canby, OR - Test Results, Rating, Ranking, Detailed Profile, and Report Card
- Staff Directory Archived 2008-09-19 at the Wayback Machine.
- Cecile Trost Elementary School - Canby, Oregon
- Ninety-One Elementary School - Hubbard, Oregon
- Staff Directory Archived 2008-09-20 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Ninety-One School: Consolidation in 1947". Canby School District. Archived from the original on 2012-03-21.
- Baker Prairie Middle School in Canby, OR - Test Results, Rating, Ranking, Detailed Profile, and Report Card
- Baker Prairie Middle School : Staff : Links To Staff Email And Blogs Archived 2008-12-05 at the Wayback Machine.
- Historic image of Whiskey Hill School, which later became Ninety-one School from Salem Public Library