Cancer Council Australia
|Prof. Ian Olver, CEO|
Cancer Council Australia is a national, not for profit organisation which aims to promote cancer-control policies and to reduce the illness caused by cancer in Australia. It advises various groups, including the government, on cancer-related issues, acts as an advocate for cancer patients and their families, and is a major funding contributor towards cancer research, prevention and education.
Cancer Council Australia includes eight member organisations, which operate in their individual states and territories:
- Cancer Council ACT
- Cancer Council New South Wales
- Cancer Northern Territory
- Cancer Council Queensland
- Cancer Council South Australia
- Cancer Council Tasmania
- Cancer Council Victoria
- Cancer Council Western Australia
Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea
One of Cancer Council's major fundraisers is Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea. On 26 May 2005, the event broke the Guinness Book of Records record for the "World's Largest Simultaneous Tea Party" with around 1 million Australians participating and supporting Cancer Council on the day.
Junk Free June
Junk Free June is a new, healthier, fundraiser, supporting Cancer Council Queensland's work in cancer research. Junk Free June encourages participants to give up junk food such as packaged snacks high in sugar, refined carbohydrates and trans fats.  According to World Cancer Research Fund International, approximately one third of the most common cancers can be prevented through a nutritious diet and maintaining a healthy weight and regular physical activity.  
- Cancer Council Australia. "History". Archived from the original on 2 June 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Largest tea party (multiple venues)". Guinness World Records. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- "Junk Free June". Cancer Council Queensland. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- "Our Cancer Prevention Recommendations". World Cancer Research Fund International. Retrieved 2016-06-01.
- Scott, Jody (2016-05-31). "Why you should have a junk free June". Vogue Australia. Retrieved 2016-06-01.