3 January 1991|
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Maria Candelaria Molfese Gambandé (born 3 January 1991 in Buenos Aires, Argentina) is an Argentine actress, singer, and television hostess who gained global fame for her role in the Disney Channel Latin America television series Violetta.
Molfese was born and raised in Buenos Aires and is the youngest child of five daughters. Her family traces its origins to Naples. Her parents are divorced. Her father later remarried and resides in Mexico City, where she often visits and regards as her second home.
In 2010, Molfese had a role in the Argentine children's musical, Juntas y Revueltas. Performances were held in Buenos Aires.
She discovered information about auditions for the Argentine Disney tween musical television series Violetta via a website. Following a successful casting process, she was confirmed in late 2011 as a cast member for Violetta, which was co-produced by Disney Channel Latin America and the Argentine production company, Pol-ka. Filming for season one began in September 2011 in Buenos Aires. The series premiered on May 12, 2012 and aired globally in markets for three seasons. She also participated as a vocalist on the show's albums and as a performer in the two international concert tours: "Violetta en vivo" and "Violetta Live 2015 International Tour", held during breaks from filming the series. Molfese concluded filming the last season of Violetta during the final months of 2014 where production was held in Buenos Aires and Sevilla, Spain.In 2017 she also played in the second series of the telovela Soy Luna as a guest role Eva y Ada.
In August 2016, she starred in the Upload Project campaign with StandWithUs, and Israeli non-profit organization, together with Sheryl Rubio, for which the actress as in the cities of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem for a few days, the project aims to promote tourism in Israel, for which the actress traveled and had several days in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.
In November 2016, she was announced as a cast member of the Argentine comedy-drama telenovela, "Quiero vivir a tu lado". The telenovela filmed in Buenos Aires and later premiered in Argentina in January 2017 on El Trece. In 2017, Molfese returned to Disney Channel, where she co-starred in season 2 of the Argentine telenovela tween music series, Soy Luna as "Ada". "
On November 15, 2015, Molfese released her first book, Mundo Cande, featuring details about her family, beauty tips, and food-related content. As part of a promotional tour, she held a signing in Warsaw for the book's launch in late January 2016. The book has been published in Spanish and Polish. In late spring 2016, Molfese joined the cast of the popular Argentine teen-oriented web series, Fans en vivo, as a co-hostess, replacing former hostess, Jenny Martinez. Her debut episode with the series aired on May 30, 2016. The program films live in Buenos Aires every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday and is available for streaming. Previously, Molfese worked on the website, "FWTV", as the host her own travel video blog, documenting the "Violetta" tours, and on separate cooking and lifestyle video series.
Molfese resides in Buenos Aires. Since late 2014, she has been in a relationship with Ruggero Pasquarelli, whom she co-starred with in Violetta. Together, they run a YouTube channel, "Ruggelaria" and Molfese hosts video blogs on her own YouTube channel. She maintains a close friendship with her former "Violetta" co-stars, Clara Alonso and Alba Rico Navarro; both appeared on her YouTube blogging series, "Ruggeelaria" and her personal YouTube channel. Molfese is a vegetarian and often shares recipes with fans through her social media platforms.
|2014||Violetta: en Concierto||Camilla Torres||Concert film|
|2012-2015||Violetta||Camilla Torres||Acting debut (3 seasons)|
|2016-present||Fans en vivo||Herself/Co-hostess||Live web series for Fansenvivo.tv|
|2016||Alba al Alba||Herself||Web series (Season 1, Episode 4: "La voz de la conciencia")|
|2017-2018||Soy Luna||Ada / Eva||Season 2 and Season 3|
|Quiero vivir a tu lado||Young Natalia Rouco||Recurring|
|2010||Juntas y revueltas||Children's musical|
|2012||"Algo suena en mi" (with Facundo Gambandé & Candelaria Molfese)||Violetta|
|"Juntos somos más" (with Mercedes Lambre, Facundo Gambandé & Candelaria Molfese)|
|"Junto a ti" (with Martina Stoessel)|
|"Veo veo" (with Martina Stoessel & Candelaria Molfese)|
|"Ven y canta" (with the cast of Violetta)|
|"Ser mejor" (with the cast of Violetta)||Cantar es lo que soy|
|"Tienes el talento" (with the cast of Violetta)|
|2013||"Código amistad" (with Martina Stoessel & Candelaria Molfese)||Hoy somos más|
|"Euforia" (with the cast of Violetta)|
|"Alcancemos las estrellas" (with Martina Stoessel, Mercedes Lambre & Candelaria Molfese)|
|"On Beat" (with the cast of Violetta)|
|"Algo se enciende" (with the cast of Violetta)|
|"Esto no puede terminar" (with the cast of Violetta)||Violetta en vivo|
|2014||"En gira" (with the cast of Violetta)||Gira mi canción|
|"Encender nuestra luz" (with Martina Stoessel, Mercedes Lambre, Candelaria Molfese & Alba Rico)|
|"Aprendí a decir adiós"|
|"A mi lado" (with Martina Stoessel & Candelaria Molfese)|
|"Friends till the end" (with the cast of Violetta)|
|2015||"Crecimos juntos" (with the cast of Violetta)||Crecimos juntos|
|"Es mi pasión" (with the cast of Violetta)|
|"Llámame" (with the cast of Violetta)|
- 2013-2014: "Violetta en vivo" (as principal cast member)
- 2015: "Violetta Live International" (as principal cast member)
Awards and nominations
|2016||Kids' Choice Awards Argentina||Viral Moment||Ruggelaria (shared with Ruggero Pasquarelli)||Won|
|2017||Kids' Choice Awards Argentina||Trendy Girl||Herself||Nominated|
|Tú Awards||#La parejita más cute||Candelaria Molfese & Ruggero Pasquarelli||Nominated|
|2018||Martín Fierro Awards||Digital Award for Best Thematic Content||Herself||Won|
- "Disney Channel presenta a los protagonistas de Violetta". Cine3 (in Spanish). December 22, 2011. Retrieved January 10, 2012.
- "Twitter response". Twitter (in Spanish). May 26, 2016. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "De paseo con mi papa". Fans Vivo (in Spanish). May 24, 2015. Retrieved July 8, 2016.
- "Juntas y revueltas". Diario Popular (in Spanish). July 23, 2010. Retrieved July 8, 2016.
- "No tener intimidad es raro". Clarin.com (in Spanish). May 21, 2015. Retrieved July 8, 2016.
- "Se alista el estreno de Violetta de Disney Channel". Informador (in Spanish). December 23, 2011. Retrieved July 8, 2016.
- "Mercedes Lambre, Cande Molfese y Tini Stoessel despiden a Violetta". Clarin.com (in Spanish). April 14, 2015. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "Elenco de Violetta agradece el cariño". El Universal (in Spanish). November 10, 2013. Retrieved June 2, 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "Violetta graba en Sevilla". El Periódico (in Spanish). September 11, 2014. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "Estudiantes Israelies recibieron a bloggers de América para promover el turismo en Israel". Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- "Sheryl Rubio hizo una campaña para promover el turismo en Israel". Retrieved 2016-08-31.
- FAndi Rigaud (November 11, 2016). "CANDE MOLFESE VUELVE A LA TELE CON "SOY LUNA 2" Y "QUIERO VIVIR A TU LADO"" (in Spanish). somosarroba.com. Retrieved May 13, 2017.
- "Violetta, Warszawa, 2016. Cande Molfese znana jako Camilia Torres z serialu Violetta odwiedzi Polskę". warszawa.naszemiasto (in Polish). January 14, 2016. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "Programa #38 Mica Vázquez, Jenny Martínez, Cande Molfese y Agus Sierra con Ori Sabatini - Fans En Vivo 30/5/2016". Fans Vivo (in Spanish). May 30, 2016. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "«Violetta ci ha fatti innamorare". Vanity Fair Italia (in Italian). January 27, 2015. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "«Cande Molfese La actriz nos cuenta cómo es ser una chica Florever". Para Teens (in Spanish). September 2017. Retrieved January 20, 2018.