|Traded as||TSX: DNT|
|Headquarters||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Joanne C. Freeze, P.Geo. (CEO) |
Sean I. Waller, P. Eng. (President)
Faisel Hussein, MBA (CFO)
|Products||Copper, Base metals, Precious metals|
Candente Copper Corp. is a Canadian mining company specialising in metals such as gold, silver, copper and zinc. It is active in Mexico and Peru. The company is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. Candente owns the Cañariaco Norte mine deposit, a large copper deposit in northern Peru estimated to contain 7.5 billion lbs of copper (Measured and Indicated at 0.45% Cu cutoff). Candente estimates that the mine will yield 75,000 tonnes per day with a minimum life of nineteen years. In September 2008, Candente announced plans to mine up to 1.43 million ounces of gold and 36.5 million ounces of silver from Cañariaco Norte.
- "Candente Likely to Seek Partner for Peru Copper Mine". Vancouver: Chinamining.org. 2008-09-19. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "Candente's President & CEO, Michael Bourgeois, Awarded Mining Entrepreneur 2001-2006 Gold Medal in Peru". Vancouver: Men in Mining. May 10, 2007. Retrieved 2009-11-17.[permanent dead link]
- "Candente Resource Corp". Candente Resource Corp. Archived from the original on 2009-06-23. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "Candente Gold Secures Upside Potential on El Toro Property". Vancouver: Yahoo!. October 1, 2009. Archived from the original on 2009-10-05. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "Candente Resource Corp.: Copper Resource Boosted at Canariaco Norte, Peru". Vancouver: Business Wire. 2006. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "CANDENTE UPDATES CAÑARIACO NORTE MINERAL RESOURCE ESTIMATE" (PDF). Vancouver: Candete (News release). May 29, 2008. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "Candente Resource Corp.: Preliminary Economic Assessment on Cañariaco Norte Copper Project, Peru". Vancouver: Yahoo! (Business news). December 12, 2008. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "GOLD AND SILVER ADDED TO CAÑARIACO NORTE MINERAL RESOURCE ESTIMATE" (PDF). Candante (Press release). September 18, 2008. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- Canadian Candente copper to restart drilling in Peru, International: mining.com, 2012, retrieved 11 October 2012