|Born||19 April 1979|
Candice Forword (born 19 April 1979) is a field hockey forward from South Africa, who did not make it into the national squad that finished 9th at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens. The striker made her international debut in 2003. Forword comes from Pretoria, and is nicknamed Cands. She plays for a provincial team called Northern Gauteng. She announced her retirement from international hockey on 12 March 2007.
Candice's mother, Beverly, played six times for the South Africa hockey team. Her sister, Danielle, was a member of the South African Junior World Cup team in 2005, and a member of the Under-18 team in 2005, and captain of it in 2006.
International Senior Tournaments
- Northern "Blues" Hockey Association News - News from 12 March 2007 Retrieved 22 August 2007
- Dispatch Online - Bright sporting future assured for hockey star written by Peter Martin, 22 September 2001 Retrieved 22 August 2007
- Go and Express - An institution and a statement written by Rob Sampson, 4 December 2003 Retrieved 20 August 2007
- University of Pretoria - Hockey Retrieved 22 August 2007
- Tar Heel Athletics - Profile of Danielle Forword Retrieved 22 August 2007