King in 2015
Candice Rene Accola|
Houston, Texas, U.S.
|Education||Lake Highland Preparatory School|
|Spouse(s)||Joe King (m. 2014)|
Candice Rene Accola was born in Houston, Texas, the daughter of Carolyn (Clark), who was an environmental engineer before becoming a homemaker, and Kevin Accola, a cardiothoracic surgeon. She grew up in Edgewood, Florida and attended Lake Highland Preparatory School. Both her parents are active members of the local Republican political party. She has one younger brother.
In December 2006, King released her debut album, It's Always the Innocent Ones, independently in the United States. She co-wrote 12 of the 14 tracks on the record. The remaining tracks were a cover of 'Til Tuesday's hit "Voices Carry (song)" and American Hi-Fi's "The Breakup Song" rewritten in a female version as "Our Breakup Song". In 2008, the album was re-released in Japan and achieved greater success. King toured as a backing singer for Miley Cyrus's Best of Both Worlds Tour. She appeared as herself in the 2008 3D concert film Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert. In February 2011, King performed a cover of "Eternal Flame" by The Bangles on The Vampire Diaries.
King had guest appearances in a number of television series such as How I Met Your Mother, Supernatural, and Drop Dead Diva. In July 2009, she starred in the independent horror film Deadgirl which centers on two high school boys who discover an immortal woman in an abandoned asylum. That same year King had a bit-role in The Hannah Montana Movie. In 2009, she was cast in the CW television series The Vampire Diaries as Caroline Forbes. In June 2012, she joined the second season of the web series Dating Rules From My Future Self, as Chloe Cunningham, a 26-year-old girl who believes love does not exist. The series centers on a girl receiving romance advice from herself 10 years in the future by text message.
Accola began dating musician Joe King of The Fray after they met at a Super Bowl event in February 2012. They became engaged in May 2013, and married on October 18, 2014, in New Orleans, Louisiana. Upon her marriage, she became a stepmother to King's two daughters from his first marriage. In August 2015, it was announced that the couple were expecting their first child together. On January 15, 2016, King gave birth to a daughter, Florence May.
|2007||On the Doll||Melody|
|2007||X's & O's||Gwen's friend|
|2011||The Truth About Angels||Caitlin Stone|
|2007||How I Met Your Mother||Amy||Episode: "Something Borrowed"|
|2009||Supernatural||Amanda Heckerling||Episode: "After School Special"|
|2009||Greek||Alice||Episode: "Isn't It Bro-mantic?"|
|2009–2017||The Vampire Diaries||Caroline Forbes||Main role|
|2010||Drop Dead Diva||Jessica Orlando||Episode: "Begin Again"|
|2018||The Originals||Caroline Forbes||Special guest star, 3 episodes|
|2012||Dating Rules from My Future Self||Chloe Cunningham / Future Chloe||6 episodes, also producer|
|2008||Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert||Background singer|
|2011||When I Was 17||Episode dated February 12, 2011|
|2011||The Perfect Love Triangle: Vampires, Werewolves, Witches||Video short|
|2011||Myth & Mystery||Video short|
|2011||Howling at the Moon||Video short|
|2011||Her Own Worst Enemy||Video short|
|2013||Big Morning Buzz Live||Episode: "Candice Accola/Robin Thicke/Stevie J"|
|2013||Whose Line Is It Anyway||Episode: "Candice Accola"|
|2013–2014||The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson||Episode #10.77, LL Cool J/Candice Accola|
|2014||Fashion Police||Season 9, episode 12|
Awards and nominations
This section does not cite any sources. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Teen Choice Awards||The Vampire Diaries||2012||Scene Stealer Female||Won|
|2013||Scene Stealer Female||Nominated|
|2014||Scene Stealer Female||Won|
|2015||Choice TV Actress Fantasy/Sci-Fi||Nominated|
|2015||Choice TV: Liplock (with Paul Wesley)||Nominated|
|2016||Choice TV Actress Fantasy/Sci-Fi||Nominated|
|2016||Choice TV: Liplock (with Paul Wesley)||Nominated|
- "The Vampire Diaries". Facebook.
- "Kevin Accola, M.D. Member Home Page". CTSNet. December 11, 2007. Retrieved August 2, 2012.
- Ranchino, Cheryl (December 10, 2010). "Herrin Area United Way accepting donations". thesouthern.com. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- Boyar, Jay (March 2010). "Back to School". Orlando Magazine. Retrieved March 12, 2010.
- "On the Ground in Florida". The New York Times. November 1, 2008. Retrieved April 28, 2010.
- MacKenzie, Carina (October 2, 2009). "'The Vampire Diaries' cast off the hook". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 17, 2009.
- "The Vampire Diaries – Candice Accola Flaunts Her Musical Chops on The Vampire Diaries". Wetpaint.com. February 24, 2011. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- "Candice Accola Sings Eternal Flame by The Bangles on The Vampire Diaries". Teen.com. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- Deadgirl, retrieved May 15, 2017
- "'Vampire Diaries,' 'Modern Family' Stars Join Alloy's 'Dating Rules' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- "Candice Accola Lands a Web Series: Watch The Vampire Diaries Star in Dating Rules From My Future Self | Wetpaint". Wetpaint. June 10, 2012. Retrieved May 15, 2017.
- Chiu, Melody (June 21, 2013). "The Vampire Diaries's Candice Accola Is 'So Excited and Grateful' to Be Engaged". People. Retrieved October 18, 2014.
- Johnson, Zach (May 29, 2013). "Candice Accola Engaged to Joseph King: See Her Diamond Ring!". Us Weekly.
- Corriston, Michelle (October 18, 2014). "Candice Accola Marries Joe King". People. Retrieved October 18, 2014.
- Saad, Nardine (August 31, 2015). "Candice Accola of 'Vampire Diaries' is expecting first child with the Fray's Joe King". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved August 31, 2015.
- Kimble, Lindsay (January 25, 2016). "Joe and Candice Accola Welcome Daughter Florence May". People Magazine. Retrieved January 25, 2016.
- "Movies & TV. Pirate Camp (2007)". Amazon.com. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- "The Originals: Candice King to Appear as TVD's Caroline in Season Premiere". TVLine. July 19, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Candice Accola.|