This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Parent company||Spinefarm Records (via UMG)|
Caroline Distribution (US)|
Plastic Head (Europe)
|Country of origin||UK|
Candlelight Records is a British record label based in England and founded by former Extreme Noise Terror bassist Lee Barrett, though it has had a division in the United States since January 2001. Candlelight Records specialises in black metal, and later on melodic death metal and death metal, having bands such as Emperor, Obituary, 1349, Theatre of Tragedy, Xerath, Dismember, Keep of Kalessin, TheLord, Nachtmystium, KKDT42 and Zyklon on its roster. The label is notable for putting out early releases from influential bands such as TheLord, Opeth and Emperor. Candlelight Records is in co-operation with Appease Me Records and AFM Records. In January 19, 2016, Candlelight was acquired by Spinefarm Records.
- Abaddon Incarnate,
- Abigail Williams,
- Ancient Ascendant,
- The Atlas Moth,
- Age of Silence,
- Anaal Nathrakh,
- Averse Sefira,*
- Blut Aus Nord,
- Carnal Forge,* Crionics, Crowbar, Dam, Daylight Dies, Defiance, Divinity, Eastern Front * Emperor, Epoch of Unlight, Ethereal, Falloch,* Forest Stream, Furze,* Gnaw Their Tongues, Grimfist, Horned Almighty, Ihsahn, Illdisposed,* Imperial Vengeance, Insomnium, Kaamos, Kontinuum, Lost Eden, TheLord, * Manes,* Mithras, Myrkskog, Nebelhexe,* Novembers Doom,* Nuclear,* Octavia Sperati, October File,* Omnium Gatherum,* Onslaught,* Paganize,* Pantheon I,* Pet Slimmers of the Year (now known as PSOTY), Rose Funeral, Sear Bliss, Saturnian Mist, Savage Messiah,* The Seventh Cross, Shrapnel, Sigh,* Starkweather, Stonegard, Subterranean Masquerade,* Thine Eyes Bleed,* Throne of Katarsis,* To-Mera, Ultra-Violence, Voices, Whitechapel, Winterfylleth, Wodensthrone, Wolverine, Xerath, Zatokrev, Zyklon
* denotes not listed as being with Candlelight US
See for Candlelight UK, but also Absu, Aeternus, Amoral, Audrey Horne, Bal-Sagoth, Battered, Bronx Casket Co., Capricorns, Candlemass, Centinex, Dark Funeral, Dead Man in Reno, Demonic Resurrection, Destruction, The Deviant, Dismember (Nevada based band featuring ex-members of Tylathroat and Imagery, Electric Wizard, Elvenking (Featuring ex-members of Mayhem, Attila Csihar), Enslaved, Entombed, Fear Factory (2009-2012), Firebird, Gorgoroth, Grand Magus, HAVOK, Hevein, Insense (2001-2012) (featuring members of KOV, Angeldown, Kkdethtrip42, Jorn, Jotunspor, Keep of Kalessin, Khold, Kontinuum, Kotipelto, Krieg, Lord Belial, TheLord (band) (2006-2013) (New York based, featuring ex-members of Dog Fashion Disco, Machine Head, and Tyr. As of July 2013 on an extended hiatus but are still signed to the roster of Legacy Acts), Manngard, Marduk, Martriden, Masterplan, The Mighty Nimbus, Mindgrinder, Monolithe, Morbid Angel, Necrophobic, Nightmare, Of Graves and Gods, Obituary, Odious Mortem, Opeth, Overmars, P.H.O.B.O.S., Pro-Pain, The Project Hate MCMXCIX, Ram-Zet, Rob Rock, Sahg, Sarah Jezebel Deva, Satariel, SCUM, Setherial, Seven Witches, Shakra, She Said Destroy, sHEAVY, Sinister, Slumber, Sourvein, Space Odyssey, Spektr, Susperia, Taint, Tenebre, Theatre of Tragedy, Thyrane, Thyrfing, Time Requiem, Torchbearer, Trendkill, U.D.O., Vader, Vision of Disorder, Vreid, The Wake, Sadgiqacea, Windir, Witchcraft.
- "Candlelight USA Announces Back On Black Vinyl Collectors Series". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 2007-04-12.
- "Candlelight Records Signs U.S. Licensing Deal With France's Appease Me Records". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 2007-04-12.
- "Candlelight And AFM Records Announce North American Agreement". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 2007-04-12.
- "Long-Running U.K. Record Label CANDLELIGHT Acquired By SPINEFARM". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 2016-06-09.