|Single by Hey Monday|
|from the album Candles (EP)|
|Released||February 8, 2011(US)|
|Length||3:00 (EP version)
2:55 (Hold On Tight version)
|Label||Decaydance / Columbia|
|Producer(s)||S*A*M & Sluggo|
|Hey Monday singles chronology|
"Candles" is a song recorded by American pop punk band Hey Monday. The song was first included on the group's debut album, Hold On Tight (2008). While working on their scrapped second studio album, the band re-recorded the song; this new version was released on February 8, 2011 as the Candles EP, along with an acoustic demo of the song and a previously-unreleased song called "The One That Got Away". A music video for the song debuted March 9, 2011 on Just Jared. "Candles" was the last single released by the group before they went on hiatus for Cassadee Pope to pursue her solo career.
All lyrics written by Cassadee Pope.
|1.||"Candles (2011)"||Cassadee Pope, Mike Gentile, Sam Hollander, Dave Katz||3:00|
|2.||"The One That Got Away"||3:47|
|3.||"Candles (Acoustic Demo)"||Pope, Gentile, Hollander, Katz||2:46|
|US Rock Digital Songs (Billboard)||31|
|"Candles (Glee Cast version)"|
|Single by Glee Cast|
|from the album Glee: The Music Presents the Warblers|
|Released||March 15, 2011|
|Label||Columbia / 20th Century Fox TV / Sony (AUS, CAN, US)
|Producer(s)||Tommy Faragher, Ryan Murphy|
The cast of Glee covered the song in their second season episode, "Original Song". In the episode, Blaine Anderson (Darren Criss) and Kurt Hummel (Chris Colfer) performed "Candles" as a duet as part of The Warblers' setlist for Regionals. As with almost every song performed on the show, the Glee cover was released as a digital single, on March 15, 2011. It is also included on the soundtrack album Glee: The Music Presents the Warblers. The Glee version proved to be more commercially successful than the original, charting in Australia, Canada, The United Kingdom, and The United States.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||86|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||165|
|US Billboard Hot 100||71|
- "Candles: Hey Monday". Amazon MP3. Amazon.com. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- Marquina, Sierra. "Hey Monday’s Debut ‘Candles’ Music Video Just Before Song Hits ‘Glee’ [VIDEO]". Ryan Seacrest. Ryan Seacrest Productions. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Hey Monday Album & Song Chart History". Billboard Rock Digital Songs for Hey Monday. Retrieved 25 March 2014.
- "Chartifacts - Week Commencing: 28th March 2011". Australian Recording Industry Association. March 28, 2011. Archived from the original on March 29, 2011. Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- "Nielsen Music: Canadian Update (March 25, 2011)". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. March 25, 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 23, 2011. Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- "UK Singles Chart: CLUK Update (07.05.2011 - week 17)". Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- Grein, Paul (March 23, 2011). "Week Ending March 20, 2011: Songs: The Chris Brown Matter". Chart Watch. Yahoo! Music. Retrieved March 25, 2014.