This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Playboy centerfold appearance|
|Preceded by||Janet Quist|
|Succeeded by||Lee Ann Michelle|
September 4, 1956 |
Oswego, Kansas, United States
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||110 lb (50 kg; 7.9 st)|
Candy Loving (born Candis Loving September 4, 1956, in Oswego, Kansas) is an American model. She was Playboy 's Playmate of the Month for the January 1979 issue, which made her the magazine's 25th Anniversary Playmate. Her centerfold was photographed by Dwight Hooker.
Candy was born Candis Loving in Oswego, Kansas, on September 4, 1956 and moved to Ponca City, Oklahoma, at the age of three with her mother and four siblings. She graduated from Ponca City High School in 1974 and married Ron Prather. She then enrolled in a journalism major at Oklahoma University. 
In 1978, the Playboy magazine began a yearlong nationwide Great Playmate Hunt for its 25th-anniversary publication. Candy was working in a dress shop and as a waitress when she saw the ad in the paper. At the urging of her then husband, Candy entered the contest and photographer Dwight Hooker shot the test photos of her. Seven months later the 22-year-old college student beat out more than 3,500 other models with her natural beauty, girl-next-door looks and name that seemed almost fabricated for a playmate. Her centerfold came out in the January 1979 issue. That year, she took advantage of her celebrity status and moved out to California to pursue acting and modeling. She traveled the world as the ambassador of Playboy magazine.    
By 1981, she realized this celebrity life was not for her so she reenrolled in Oklahoma University at the age of 25 to finish her bachelor's degree in journalism and then began a masters of arts study in human relations. She continued to perform publicity duties for the magazine during her studies and after, but began phasing out of that lifestyle. The Playboy life had taken its toll on her marriage and she later met Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive lineman, Dave Reavis, while both were judging a beauty pageant. She followed him to Tampa in July 1983. Even though this relationship did not last, she remained in Southern Florida working in the healthcare industry designing benefit packages for companies.
- Dance Fever (TV Series) (1979), herself.
- The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo playing "Herself" in episode: "Who's the Sexiest Girl in the World" (episode # 1.15), February 19, 1980.
- Loving appeared in Woody Allen's Stardust Memories (1980), only in the walk-on scene at the end as Tony's girlfriend.
- Playboy Playmates: The Early Years (Video documentary) (1982), herself.
- Playboy Video Centerfold: Playmate 2000 Bernaola Twins (Video documentary) (2000), herself.
- Playboy: The Party Continues (TV Movie documentary) (2000), herself.
- Playboy: The Ultimate Playmate Search (Video documentary) (2003), herself.
- Playboy: 50 Years if Playmates (Video documentary) (2004), herself.
- "Playmate data". Retrieved February 5, 2010.
- "Rod Lott, Candy Loving, Oklahoma Gazette, February 12, 2013".
- Rod Lott, Candy Loving
- "Skip Sheffield, Playmate appreciates life outside the centerfold, The News February 1, 1984".
- "Gilrs of Yore: Candy Loving".
- Chillicothe, Missouri Constitution Tribune, "Centerfold Candy", December 6, 1978, Page 9.
- Rod Lott, Candy Loving