Candy Stripers (1978 film)
|Directed by||Bob Chinn|
|Written by||Dean Rogers|
Eileen Wells (as Eileen Welles)
Chris Cassidy (as Montana)
Joey Silvera (as Joey Nassivera)
|Distributed by||Arrow Productions|
Candy Stripers is a 1978 pornographic film by director Bob Chinn and starring Nancy Hoffman and Sharon Thorpe. The film is a comedy about the sexual encounters hospital volunteers have with hospital patients and staff. The title comes from the term candy striper, which is an American term for hospital volunteers, who traditionally wore a red-and-white striped uniform which resembled stick candy.
It is the last day on the job for hospital volunteer Sharon (Nancy Hoffman). When the volunteers assemble at the start of the day, head volunteer Sarge (Sharon Thorpe) notices that Sharon is absent. Sarge finds Sharon performing oral sex with a doctor and takes her back to work. As the volunteers go about their duties, they have various sexual encounters with the patients and staff.
At the end of the day, staff and patients hold a party for the departing Sharon. Sarge walks in. When Sharon confronts Sarge and calls her a "prude," Sarge reacts by pulling up her dress and forcing Sharon to pleasure her. The party promptly becomes a sex orgy.
Richard Pacheco made his debut in the film. Anxiety over acting in his first film had caused him to break out in hives. During his scene with Nancy Hoffman he had great difficulty maintaining his erection.
Candy Stripers has been inducted into the X-Rated Critics Organization Hall of Fame. Screw magazine called it "the best sex film of 1978". In July 2008, Terminal Press released a limited-edition comic book version of the film, written by Brian Ferrara.
Candy Stripers features two fisting scenes, which are edited from some versions of the film. According to reviewers, the scenes are edited from the main movie in the DVD release, but are included as hidden features to be found separately.
- Candy Stripers 2 (1985)
- Candy Stripers 3 (1986)
- Candy Stripers 4 (1990)
- Candy Stripers 5: The New Generation (1999)
- Candy Stripers at the Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2007-10-10.
- David Jennings (2000). Skinflicks: The Inside Story of the X-Rated Video Industry. AuthorHouse. p. 309. ISBN 1-58721-184-X.
- "XRCO Hall of Fame". Archived from the original on 2008-08-28. Retrieved 2007-10-10.
- "First Look at Terminal Press' Candy Stripers Comic". XBIZ. 2008-07-17. Retrieved 2009-06-03.
- "Candy Stripers reviewed by greybeard". adultdvdtalk.com. 2003-12-15. Retrieved 2007-10-10.
- "Candy Stripers reviewed by Flash". adultdvdtalk.com. 2002-10-02. Retrieved 2007-10-10.