Type of site
|Internet games lottery website|
|Available in||English, French|
|Founded||1997 (As Candystand.com) 2016 (As PCH Games)|
|Owner||Publishers Clearing House|
|Created by||Nabisco, Inc, Skyworks Technologies (As Candystand.com) Publishers Clearing House (As PCH Games)|
|Founder(s)||LifeSavers Company, a division of Nabisco, Inc. (As Candystand.com)|
|Slogan(s)||Free Online Games, Sweepstakes, and Prizes!|
|Alexa rank||649 (As of February 2016[update])|
|Launched||March 30, 1997|
|Current status||Defunct (As Candystand.com)|
PCH Games (formerly Candystand.com) is a casual game portal owned by Publishers Clearing House and based in New York City. Launched in 1997 as The Candystand, by LifeSavers Company, a division of Nabisco, Inc., it was the first major advergame portal available on the World Wide Web. The site was created for LifeSavers by Skyworks Technologies, an online video game company founded in 1996 by Activision veterans Garry Kitchen and David Crane. In August 2008, Candystand was acquired by Funtank from the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company. Publishers Clearing House's acquisition of the property was announced in December 2010.
Candystand is regarded for having a catalog of over 100+ Flash and Shockwave games. Some of its most popular games include Candystand Billiards, Candystand MiniGolf, Monster Trucks Unleashed, Vector Tower Defense (Vector TD), Slipstream and Fancy Pants Adventure 2.
In February of 2016, PCH revamped the site, removing most of the games and emphasizing the lottery aspects over the games. In March of 2016, Candystand.com was discontinued by PCH.
2001: Nabisco is acquired by Kraft Foods. After Kraft's acquisition of Nabisco, the tagline "The Hottest Games Online" is introduced.
Spring 2003: Candystand.com did a voting poll on what will be the 5 new flavors for the Life Savers Five Flavor variety.
June 2009: Candystand rebranded their website with a new layout and the new title "The Sweetest Games Online".
May 2010: In partnership with Trident gum, Candystand.com created and launched a new game titled Trident Layers Factory. This game marks the first of several new games being developed for Cadbury Adams brands in 2010.
March 2016: Candystand.com has been discontinued and has been replaced by Publishers Clearing House Games which also has games at www.pch.com/games?source=candystand
- "pch.com - Site Information from Alexa". Retrieved 2014-02-21.
- "TechMarcom: Candystand.com (LifeSavers) Press Release". Techmarcom.com. Retrieved 2008-11-22.
- "Dealipedia - Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company acquires Kraft Foods Inc". Dealipedia.com. Retrieved 2008-11-22.
- "Wrigley's Candystand.com Acquired by Funtank - Forbes.com". Forbes.com. Archived from the original on 2008-10-27. Retrieved 2008-11-22.
- "Publishers Clearing House Buys Funtank, gaming site Candystand.com". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2010-12-06.
- "Candystand.com Launches New Site for Nintendo Wii(TM) Gamers". Businesswire.com. Retrieved 2008-11-22.
- "Candystand.com Goes Mobile with Blackbeard's Assault". FierceWireless. Retrieved 2008-11-11.
- "Game portal Candystand socializes its games with Facebook Connect - VentureBeat". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2008-08-21.