|Type||Internet games lottery website|
|Founded||1997 (As Candystand.com) 2016 (As PCH Games)|
|Founder(s)||Nabisco, Inc. (As Candystand.com)|
|Owner||Publishers Clearing House|
|Slogan(s)||Free Online Games, Sweepstakes, and Prizes!|
|Alexa rank||649 (As of February 2016[update])|
|Available in||English, French|
|Launched||March 30, 1997|
|Current status||Defunct (As Candystand.com)|
PCH Games (formerly Candystand.com) is a casual game portal owned by Publishers Clearing House and based in New York City. Launched in 1997 by Nabisco, Inc., it was the first major advergame portal available on the World Wide Web. The site was created for Nabisco by Skyworks Interactive. In August 2008, Candystand was acquired by Funtank from the Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company. Publishers Clearing House's acquisition of the property was announced in December 2010.
Candystand is regarded for having a catalog of over 100+ Flash and Shockwave games. Some of its most popular games include Candystand Billiards, Monster Trucks Unleashed, Vector Tower Defense (Vector TD), Slipstream and Fancy Pants Adventure 2.
As of February 2016, PCH has inexplicably revamped the site, removing most of the games and emphasizing the lottery aspects over the games.
2001: Nabisco is acquired by Kraft Foods. After Kraft's acquisition of Nabisco, the tagline "The Hottest Games Online" is introduced.
Spring 2003: Candystand.com did a voting poll on what will be the 5 new flavors for the Life Savers Five Flavor variety.
June 2009: Candystand rebranded their website with a new layout and the new title "The Sweetest Games Online".
May 2010: In partnership with Trident gum, Candystand.com created and launched a new game titled Trident Layers Factory. This game marks the first of several new games being developed for Cadbury Adams brands in 2010.
March 2016: Candystand.com has been discontinued and has been replaced by Publishers Clearing House Games which also has games at www.pch.com/games?source=candystand
- "pch.com - Site Information from Alexa". Retrieved 2014-02-21.
- "TechMarcom: Candystand.com (LifeSavers) Press Release". Techmarcom.com. Retrieved 2008-11-22.
- "Dealipedia - Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company acquires Kraft Foods Inc". Dealipedia.com. Retrieved 2008-11-22.
- "Wrigley's Candystand.com Acquired by Funtank - Forbes.com". Forbes.com. Archived from the original on 2008-10-27. Retrieved 2008-11-22.[dead link]
- "Publishers Clearing House Buys Funtank, gaming site Candystand.com". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2010-12-06.
- "Candystand.com Launches New Site for Nintendo Wii(TM) Gamers". Businesswire.com. Retrieved 2008-11-22.
- "Candystand.com Goes Mobile with Blackbeard's Assault". FierceWireless. Retrieved 2008-11-11.
- "Game portal Candystand socializes its games with Facebook Connect - VentureBeat". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2008-08-21.