|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Also known as||Canimals: We Can Do It!|
|Created by||Vooz Character Workgroup|
|Written by||Stuart Kenworthy
|Voices of||Marie Fagundo
Martial Le Minoux
|Theme music composer||Simon Russell|
|Country of origin||South Korea
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||56|
|Executive producer(s)||Carlos Biern
Yoo Kyoung Kim
|Running time||7 Minutes|
|Production company(s)||Voozclub Co., Ltd.
Synergy Media (also known as The SynergyMediaGroupKOR, No Dialogue Version)
BRB Internacional (Rest of World)
|Original network||Cartoon Network (Canada)|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080p|
|First shown in||EBS TV|
|Original release||9 June 2011 – present|
Canimals (literally can-animals) also known as Canimals: We Can Do It! is a South Korean/British live-action/CGI animated hybrid television series by Voozclub Co., Ltd. The main characters are Ato, Mimi, Uly, Fizzy, Nia, Oz, Pow, Toki, and Leon. Internationally, the series has aired in the UK through Aardman and worldwide through BRB Internacional.
Canimals follows a group of little tin can-like elflike animals that go around rediscovering the world from a different point of view. The Canimals find something new and worthy of attention in the most mundane of things.
- Ato - A happy-go-lucky Beagle in a can. He puts up the Canimals logo in the episode title cards.
- Oz - A mischievous and tomboyish Turkish Angora cat in a can. She often gets herself into more trouble than she can handle, but she's very smart and can easily get away with anything.
- Uly - A dimwitted Pug in a can. He happily eats anything in his sight without forethought. He usually doesn't think.
- Mimi - A bossy Poodle in a can. She sometimes attacks the others with her ears. She is a little mean to the other Canimals, or is she.
- Stephanie - A shy Poodle in a can. She is Mimi's twin sister and she likes art.
- Pow - A crotchety and villainous great horned owl in a can. He is curious and follows action and mischief of other Canimals.
- Fizzy - A clumsy Siamese cat in a can. He aspires to have a ninja lifestyle.
- Toki - A hyperactive rabbit in a can. He just cannot seem to stay firmly on the ground.
- Nia - A timid Turkish Van Kitten in a can. She sometimes lets off a sonic scream when frightened or angry.
- Leon - An odd Green-eyed chameleon in a can. He can make himself invisible at will.
The series was added to Toons.TV in 2016.
- Music of the Night: Toki's interest in listening to a human's MP3 player at night ends up disturbing Uly, Mimi and Leon's sleep.
- Pool Can: It's a hot day and Oz, Mimi, Toki, and Ato get the idea of turning a kitchen sink into a swimming pool.
- Can vs. Shell: Fizzy ends up having to battle a hermit crab for a shiny ring that he drops into a fish tank.
- Toki in Love:Toki falls in love with a can of carrots but Mimi wants to break them up A.S.A.P
- Uly and the Apple: Uly and Pow fight for the right to an apple tree, though the apples have some unforeseen side effects on Uly...
- Paint Cans: Mimi demands that Oz, Ato and Leon paint a picture of her, though their paintings turn out less than satisfactory...
- Super Can: Fizzy tries his best to imitate a superhero he has seen on the television.
- Kiss and Make Up: The girls (and Uly) hold a beauty pageant to see who can win a sweet trophy.
- Mistake Can ID: The choice is clear for Uly when he finds some money for a vending machine: a chocolate bar or a trapped Mimi?
- School Pet: Nia makes friends with a gold fish, but Uly wants to eat it.
- Rocket Can: When their ball is knocked out of reach by Pow, Ato and Toki use a soft drink can as a rocket to get it back.
- Snow Cans: Ato and Oz find a snow sledge and take it for a ride, but they also have to outride a snowball rolling their way.
- Can't Blame Me: Mimi and Nia take in a new Canimal, but Ato is convinced that "Pip" is not what he appears to be...
- Can Eats Can: Uly falls in love with a vending machine, but must contend with Leon in order to get at the treats inside.
- Canned Nuts: Ato, Toki and Nia stumble upon an urban complex, but Boco and Cocobos don't take kindly to their intrusion.
- Can Napper: Mimi and a male bull terrier dog named Wooang race across the city to rescue Uly, who has gotten himself trapped in a suitcase.
- Sleeprolling Can: Poor Nia has her work cut out when she has to prevent a sleepwalking Mimi from getting hurt or worse still, being discovered by humans...
- Wasp: Pow ends up getting stung when he angers a swarm of wasps.
- Baby Doll: Mimi and Nia try to return a baby doll to its stroller.
- Canimalism: Mimi, Toki and Leon end up running for their lives when Uly views them as food.
- Encanted: Toki and Nia stumble across a magician's magic set, which has some unforeseen effects on Nia...
- Egg roll: With two Canimals, you get egg roll; that is, Pow wants to hatch an egg but Leon also wants to eat it...
- Shiny Cans: Excluded from playing with Mimi and Nia, Oz uses Uly to steal the kitchen equipment the girls play with.
- Dolly Disaster: Nia cannot stop crying when a doll she likes ends up out of reach into the light, so Ato and Oz try to get it back.
- Can of the Castle: Mimi ends up fighting back to reclaim a sandcastle that has been taken over by Oz and Uly.
- Doppelcanner: Leon masquerades as Mimi to get at some cereal when bullied out of his share by Uly.
- Ants and Cans: Uly, Fizzy and Toki end up on the wrong side of a colony of ants that they keep taking food from.
- Vase: Uly, Toki, Leon and Pow end up stuck in a glass vase when they fight over Nia's lollipop.
- Can-oodling: Mimi becomes smitten over a doll of a groom.
- Candid Camera: Nia becomes convinced that Uly is trapped inside a camera.
- Leave Me a Gnome: With Leon's help, Oz plays a prank on Mimi and Nia involving garden gnomes.
- Can-ouflage: Fizzy will try to do anything to get a piece of a muffin Mimi finds, even if it means disguising himself...
- Bully Cans: Bullied by Oz and Toki, Nia snaps and mans a remote-controlled robot to terrorize them.
- Trapped Can: Uly becomes stuck in a teacup and the other Canimals have to free him before he is discovered.
- Once Upon a Can: A fairy tale being read to a child becomes a dream for Mimi...
- Can Can Fly: Toki hops about with some balloons but inadvertently gets Mimi and Uly tied up in the string...
- Skater Can: Oz plans to ride in a roller skate so how will she get it.
- Heavy Jelly: Toki gets himself trapped in a bowl of jelly when it sets, so Mimi, Nia and Uly try to free him before he is discovered by humans.
- Chili Can Carnage: Oz's plan to cook discarded Mexican kebabs by getting Koby to eat hot chilies has unexpected consequences.
- Trash Can: Ato has a cold and makes friends with a smelly sock puppet. Mimi and Fizzy do all they can to break up this stinky relationship between the two...
- Can Zilla: One of Oz's pranks, involving some glue, goes haywire when Toki, Nia, Leon and Pow get stuck together.
- Moustak Can: Ato, Toki and Uly find themselves dealing with lots of mousetraps.
- Mama Can: The Canimals all mistake a cake for their various love interests...
- Classroom: The cats and dogs play about in a classroom and meet a goldfish that does almost anything they do.
- Coffee Cans: Mimi wants the warmth of a cup of coffee all to herself so the boys try to take it any way they can.
- Can Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: Pow falls in love with the cuckoo of a cuckoo clock, a relationship that Leon won't take seriously.
- Wild Can: Ato, Oz, and Nia running for their lives from Capri.
- Mimi's Birthday: Mimi desperately tries to defend a birthday cake from the other Canimals, thinking it is hers alone.
- Vacuum Can: Fizzy, Leon and Uly get in a tussle with a vacuum and Uly eventually has to be rescued from it.
- King Can: In a warehouse, the Canimals discover a gorilla Canimal named Wooga, who abducts Nia.
- Canimal Magnetism: A simple prank by Leon involving fridge magnets goes awry when Ato becomes increasingly attractive to the kitchen utensils.
- Florence Nighting Can: Mimi and Nia get the idea of playing doctors and nurses, but Uly, Toki and Leon aren't willing to receive treatment...
- Season 2 Episode 1 : The Canimals play around in a pet store and try to escape from a fish.
- Season 2 Episode 2 : The Canimals ride a bubble to outer space with the help of an elephant Canimal named Elly.
- Season 2 Episode 3 - Uly, Mimi, Ato, and Leon make a clay vase and trap Nia inside. Mimi tricks Uly into getting Pow to help.
- Season 2 Episode 4 - : Mimi, Ato, Oz, Uly, and Fizzy saves the island with a Bear Canimal named Bobby.
Canimals was licensed based on a long-run cartoon series and supported by the creators of Pucca (Voozclub), Wallace & Gromit (Aardman) and Suckers (BRB Internacional). With a spectacular style guide, Canimals has prepared a wide-ranging licensing and merchandising plan set to be launched in conjunction with the series’ TV premiere in 2011.
Netflix also picked up the series in 2015 and has the complete series available for viewing.
Awards and nominations
In the UK, ITV Studios Home Entertainment released Volume 1 on 29 January 2011. But now it's in the United States of America