|Origin||New York City|
|Associated acts||Most Precious Blood|
Caninus was a deathgrind band formed as a side project by Most Precious Blood guitarist Justin Brannan, Rachel Rosen, drummer Colin Thundercurry and two female pitbull terriers, Budgie and Basil. They were signed to War Torn Records and had three releases, including a split with Hatebeak and a 7" split with death metal band Cattle Decapitation. In 2008 Richard Christy played the drums on an unknown number of songs for Caninus.
On January 5, 2011, Basil, one of Caninus's pitbulls, died. Basil had been diagnosed with a brain tumor and was euthanized. The band has ended because of the dog's death. Vocalist Budgie also died in early 2016.
- Basil – vocals
- Budgie – vocals
- Buddy Bronson – bass
- Justin Brannan – guitar
- Rachel Rosen – guitar
- Richard Christy - Drums
- Blast Thundercurry (Colin Kercz) - Drums
- Rocky Raccoon - Drums
- Thunder Hammer Attack - Drums
- L. Ron Howard - Drums
- Now the Animals Have a Voice, album (2004)
- Caninus/Hatebeak, split (2005)
- Cattle Decapitation / Caninus, split (2005)
- "For Those About To Squawk: Bands With Non-human Singers". Retrieved June 5, 2007.
- Neilstein, Vince. "R.I.P. Basil, Caninus, 2001-2011". metalsucks.net. Retrieved January 5, 2011.
- "R.I.P. Budgie, pit bull and Caninus vocalistMetal Insider". Metal Insider. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
|This article on a heavy metal musician or group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|