Cannabis Corpse performing at Jaxx Club (Springfield, Virginia), 2010. Left to right: Josh Hall, Andy Horn, Phil Hall
|Origin||Richmond, Virginia, United States|
|Labels||Season of Mist, Tankcrimes, Forcefield Records, Robotic Empire|
|Associated acts||Municipal Waste, Battlemaster, Volture, Parasytic, Iron Reagan, Six Feet Under, The Black Dahlia Murder|
Philip "Landphil" Hall|
Josh "HallHammer" Hall
Vic "Con-Vic" Anti|
Andy "Weedgrinder" Horn
Nick "Nikropolis" Poulos
Cannabis Corpse is a marijuana-themed death metal band. Cannabis Corpse formed in Richmond, Virginia in 2006 under the Forcefield label. Since then, Cannabis Corpse has released five LPs and one EP. The band features members of Municipal Waste, GWAR, and Antietam 1862. Their name originates from a parody of the name for veteran death metal band Cannibal Corpse. While the Cannabis Corpse songs are fully original, their album and song titles are parodies of many other death metal bands' album and song titles (e.g. "Tube of the Resinated" vs Cannibal Corpse's "Tomb of the Mutilated").
In 1999, bassist/guitarist Philip "Landphil" Hall coined the "Cannabis Corpse" name with his brother Josh "HallHammer" Hall. The original line up had Landphil on vocals and a recruit named John Gonzalez (of Nehema) on guitar. John moved to Hawaii and the band was put on hold until 2006, when Phil bought a multitrack recorder. The brothers, along with Andy "Weedgrinder" Horn recorded a demo for the band, which eventually became Blunted at Birth. Soon thereafter, they were signed as the first band to Richmond, Virginia-based Forcefield Records whose founders were personal friends.
- Philip "Landphil" Hall – bass (2006–present), vocals (2012–present), guitars (2006-2008, 2012-2015), keyboards (2011-2012)
- Josh "HallHammer" Hall - drums (2006–present)
- Ray Suhy - rhythm guitar (2015–present)
- Previous members
- Nick "Nikropolis" Poulos – guitars (2008–2012)
- Andy "Weedgrinder" Horn – vocals (2006–2012)
- Brent Purgason - guitars (2012-2014)
- Brandon Ellis - lead guitar (2014–2015)
- Vic "Con-Vic" Anti - guitars (2009)
- Adam Jinch - lead guitar (2017)
- Adam Guilliams - lead guitar (2018–present)
- Guest appearances
- Jeff "Wartom" Bush (2006, guest vocals on "Force Fed Shitty Grass")
- Will "Power" Towles (2006, guest vocals on "When Weed Replaces Life")
- Randy Blythe (Jan. 7, 2012, guest appearance at the 'Cory Smoot Benefit Show' and at the 'Welcome Home Randy Blythe show')
- Chris Barnes (2014, guest vocal on "Individual Pot Patterns")
- Blunted At Birth (2006)
- Tube of the Resinated (2008)
- Beneath Grow Lights Thou Shalt Rise (2011)
- From Wisdom to Baked (2014)
- Left Hand Pass (2017)
- The Weeding (2009)
- Splatterhash (2013) - Split with Ghoul
- Furtado, Ryan (June 2011). "Cannabis Corpse". Thrasher. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Ectoplasmic Meltdown Cannabis Corpse Interview". 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-17.
- "Encyclopaudia Metallum: The Metal Archives - Cannabis Corpse". 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-17.
- "Cannabis Corpse in the Studio". Metal Hammer. 2011-04-01. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "Cannabis Corpse loses two members". Retrieved 10 January 2018.
- "In the Loop". BBC. Retrieved 2013-11-16.
- "Cannabis Corpse sign with Season Of Mist!". Cannabis Corpse. Retrieved 2013-01-17.