Cannery Casino and Hotel
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Cannery Casino and Hotel|
|Location||North Las Vegas, Nevada 89030|
|Address||2121 East Craig Rd.|
|Opening date||January 2, 2003|
|Number of rooms||201|
|Total gaming space||80,000 square feet (7,400 m2)|
|Notable restaurants||Waverly's Steakhouse|
|Owner||Cannery Casino Resorts|
|Website||Cannery Casino and Hotel|
Cannery Casino and Hotel is a locals casino owned and operated by Cannery Casino Resorts in North Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. The property sits on 28 acres (11 ha), approximately six miles north of the Las Vegas Strip. The Cannery includes an 80,000-square-foot (7,400 m2) casino, 201 hotel rooms, an indoor/outdoor venue, Galaxy Movie Theater, five restaurants and three bars.
The Cannery was initially set for a mid-December 2002 opening. By October 2002, more than 5,000 people had been interviewed for nearly 1,000 job positions at the Cannery. That month, the opening was delayed to early January 2003. The delay allowed the owners to save $90,000 in taxes and fees, and also simplified the Cannery's job search. Prior to its opening, Cannery executives chose not to affiliate the hotel with a brand name, which was deemed as expensive and unnecessary.
In May 2004, the Cannery received final approval for a $35 million expansion project. The expansion took place in 2006, and added 125,000 square feet (11,600 m2) and a 3,571-seat Galaxy Movie Theater. Other additions include a parking garage and new poker room.
The Cannery Casino and Hotel houses The Club, an indoor/outdoor entertainment and exhibit venue. The Club features glass doors that can be opened to create an open-air amphitheater/festival site. The Club hosts concerts, exhibits, private and corporate parties and outdoor festivals.
- Simpson, Jeff (October 22, 2002). "Cannery pushes back opening". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Archived from the original on September 9, 2005.
- Simpson, Jeff (November 5, 2002). "Cannery relies on own good name". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Archived from the original on January 6, 2003.
- Benston, Liz (January 3, 2003). "Cannery opens doors to the past". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved July 3, 2016.
- Benston, Liz (January 3, 2003). "North Las Vegas welcomes restaurants, meeting space". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved July 3, 2016.
- Benston, Liz (May 14, 2004). "Commission OKs Cannery expansion". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved July 3, 2016.