Canning Bridge railway station
Northbound view in September 2007
|Location||Kwinana Freeway, Como
|Owned by||Public Transport Authority|
|Distance||4 kilometres from Perth|
99631 (platform 1)
99632 (platform 2)
|Opened||23 December 2007|
Canning Bridge railway station is a railway station on the Transperth network. It is located on the Mandurah line, four kilometres from Perth station inside the median strip of the Kwinana Freeway serving the suburb of Como.
The station was originally constructed as the Canning Bridge bus station, enabling passengers to transfer between bus routes using the Kwinana Freeway and those travelling via the Canning Highway. During construction of the Mandurah line, the freeway-level bus platforms were removed and converted to rail platforms. To make room for the rail corridor, the 120 metre long, 1,800 tonne Canning Highway bus bridge was moved 9.5 metres southwest by pulling the bridge sideways over teflon mats. This was a more economical alternative to constructing a completely new bridge. The move did not disrupt ongoing traffic on the Kwinana Freeway.
|99631||1||Mandurah||All stations||Perth Underground|
|W||Cockburn Central||W-pattern shuttle peak time weekdays only|
|Stop||Route||Destination / description||Notes|
| Stand 1||148||to Como via Davilak Street|
|910||to Elizabeth Quay Bus Station via Canning Highway||High frequency|
| Stand 2||111, 158||to WACA Ground via Kwinana Freeway|
|114, 115||to Elizabeth Quay Bus Station via Kwinana Freeway|
|150, 160||to Terrace Road, East Perth via Kwinana Freeway|
|909||Rail replacement service to Perth station|
| Stand 3||100||to Curtin University bus station via Manning & Kent Street|
|101||to Curtin University bus station via Manning & Lawson Street|
| Stand 4||111||to Fremantle station via Canning Highway|
|114||to Munster via Booragoon bus station & Palmyra||Limited stops|
|115||to Hamilton Hill via Booragoon bus station, Winthrop & Kardinya||Limited stops|
|148||to Fremantle station via Applecross & Attadale|
|150||to Booragoon bus station via Coomoora Road|
|158||to Fremantle station via Attadale & Bicton|
|160||to Fremantle station via Booragoon bus station|
|910||to Fremantle station via Canning Highway||High frequency|
|909||Rail replacement service to Mandurah station|
- Canning Bridge New MetroRail
- Shifting the Canning Bus Bridge Sideways Wyche Consulting
- History of Stations on the Mandurah Line Right Track
- Annual Report for year ended 30 June 2008 Public Transport Authority
- Mandurah Line Timetable Transperth 31 January 2016
- "Route 148". Bus Timetable 39 (PDF). Transperth. n.d. [effective from 20 March 2016].
- "Route 910". Bus Timetable 207 (PDF). Transperth. n.d. [effective from 31 January 2016].
- "Route 111". Bus Timetable 36 (PDF). Transperth. n.d. [effective from 28 June 2015].
- "Route 158". Bus Timetable 39 (PDF). Transperth. n.d. [effective from 20 March 2016].
- "Route 114". Bus Timetable 118 (PDF). Transperth. n.d. [effective from 17 July 2016].
- "Route 115". Bus Timetable 46 (PDF). Transperth. n.d. [effective from 17 July 2016].
- "Route 150". Bus Timetable 34 (PDF). Transperth. n.d. [effective from 17 July 2016].
- "Route 160". Bus Timetable 34 (PDF). Transperth. n.d. [effective from 17 July 2016].
- "Route 100". Bus Timetable 20 (PDF). Transperth. n.d. [effective from 9 October 2016].
- "Route 101". Bus Timetable 20 (PDF). Transperth. n.d. [effective from 9 October 2016].
|Preceding station||Transperth Trains network||Following station|
Free Transit Zone
All, K, W