Canoe-Picnic Point State Park
|Canoe-Picnic Point State Park|
Location of Canoe-Picnic Point State Park within New York State
|Location||36661 Cedar Point State Park Drive
Clayton, New York
|Area||70 acres (0.28 km2)|
|Operated by||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
|Visitors||7,221 (in 2014)|
|Open||Late May to early September|
|Website||Canoe-Picnic Point State Park|
Canoe-Picnic Point State Park is a 70-acre (0.28 km2) state park located on Grindstone Island in the St. Lawrence River. The park is within the bounds of the Town of Clayton in Jefferson County, New York.
Canoe-Picnic Point State Park was purchased by the New York State Fisheries, Game and Forest Commission in 1897. Along with Mary Island State Park, it was one of the first New York state parks established along the St. Lawrence River as part of the St. Lawrence Reservation, a recreation area within the Thousand Islands region authorized by New York State in 1896.
Canoe-Picnic Point State Park is accessible only by boat. The park offers a nature trail, picnic tables and pavilions, cabins, docks, fishing, hiking, and a campground with tent sites. The park's recreational facilities are open from late May to early September, although seasonal waterfowl hunting is also permitted within the park.
- "Canoe-Picnic Point State Park". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- "Section O: Environmental Conservation and Recreation, Table O-9". 2014 New York State Statistical Yearbook (PDF). The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government. 2014. p. 671. Retrieved November 1, 2016.
- "The State Reservation Upon and Along the St. Lawrence River". Third Annual Report of the Commissioners of Fisheries, Game and Forests of the State of New York. Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford Co., Printers. January 20, 1898. p. 144.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved August 25, 2015.
- Strough, Arthur B. (1919). Recreation Circular 5: St. Lawrence Reservation. State of New York Conservation Commission. p. 17. Retrieved November 7, 2016.
- "Canoe-Picnic Point State Park Hours of Operation". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved August 25, 2015.
|This article about a location in Jefferson County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|