Canon EF 24mm lens
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- EF 24mm f/1.4L USM, introduced December 1997. (discontinued in 2008, replaced by EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM)
- EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM, introduced December 2008.
- EF 24mm f/2.8, introduced November 1988. (discontinued in 2012, replaced by EF 24 f/2.8 IS USM)
- EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM, announced February 2012, available since June 2012.
- EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM, announced September 2014. Unlike the other 24mm lenses, it will mount only on bodies that support the EF-S mount. It will mount on all current Canon bodies with APS-C sensors, as well as older APS-C bodies dating to the 2003 introduction of the EF-S mount (in other words, the EOS 10D and older bodies are not compatible). It will not mount on any body with a full-frame or APS-H sensor. As it is designed for Canon APS-C bodies, its field of view is equivalent to a 38mm lens on a full-frame sensor, and operates similar to the Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM pancake lens. Compared to the EF 24 f/2.8 IS USM, the EF-S lens loses IS, but lists for about a fourth of the price. The STM offers advantages for video shooting over USM, specifically quieter autofocus.
- TS-E 24mm f/3.5L, introduced April 1991. (discontinued, replaced by TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II)
- TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, introduced June 2009.
Specifications of the EF 24mm lenses
|Attribute||EF f/1.4L USM||EF f/1.4L II USM||EF f/2.8||EF f/2.8 IS USM||EF-S f/2.8 STM|
|Construction||9 groups / 11 elements||10 groups / 13 elements||10 groups / 10 elements||9 groups / 11 elements||5 groups / 6 elements|
|# of diaphragm blades||7 (rounded)||8 (rounded)||6||7 (rounded)||7|
|Closest focusing distance||0.82' / 0.25m||0.66' / 0.20m||0.52' / 0.16m|
|Horizontal viewing angle||74°||50° 35′|
|Diagonal viewing angle||84°||59° 10′|
|Vertical viewing angle||53°||34° 55′|
|Weight||1.21 lb / 550 g||1.43 lb / 650 g||.59 lb / 270 g||.61 lb / 280 g||4.4 oz / 125 g|
|Maximum diameter||3.2" / 83.5 mm||2.7" / 67.5 mm||2.69" / 68.4 mm||2.7" / 68.2 mm|
|Length||3.04" / 77.4 mm||3.4" / 86.9 mm||1.9" / 48.5 mm||2.19" / 55.7 mm||0.9" / 22.8 mm|
|Filter diameter||77 mm||58 mm||52 mm|
|Release date||December 1997||December 2008||November 1988||June 2012||September 2014|
|Currently in production?||No||Yes||No||Yes|
- Canon USA. "EOS (SLR) Camera Systems - Wide Angle". Canon USA website. Retrieved 2009-11-07.
- Canon USA. "EOS (SLR) Camera Systems - Tilt-Shift". Canon USA website. Retrieved 2009-11-07.
- Canon Inc. "EF24mm f/1.4L USM". Canon Camera Museum. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- Canon Inc. "EF24mm f/1.4L II USM". Canon Camera Museum. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- Canon Inc. "EF 24mm f/2.8". Canon Camera Museum. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- Canon Inc. "EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM". Canon Camera Museum. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- Canon Inc. "EF-S24mm f/2.8 STM". Canon Camera Museum. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- Canon Inc. "TS-E24mm f/3.5L". Canon Camera Museum. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- Canon Inc. "TS-E24mm f/3.5L II". Canon Camera Museum. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to