Canon EOS-1D X Mark II
|Type||Digital single-lens reflex camera|
|Image sensor type||CMOS|
|Image sensor size||36.0 × 24.0 mm (Full-frame)|
|Maximum resolution||5472 × 3648 (20.2 effective megapixels)|
|ASA/ISO range||100 – 51200 (expandable from L: 50 to H1: 102400; H2: 204800; H3: 409600)|
|Storage||Dual slots: CFast 2.0 and CompactFlash (CF) Type I (UDMA-7 supported)|
|Focus modes||One-Shot, AI Servo, Manual|
|Focus areas||61 AF points (41 cross-type AF points) with High-Density Reticular AF II|
|Exposure modes||Program AE, Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual exposure, Bulb exposure, Custom, Movie|
|Exposure metering||approx. 360,000 pixel RGB+IR sensor, EOS iTR AF|
|Shutter||Electromechanical carbon fiber focal-plane|
|Shutter speed range||1/8000 s – 30 s, Bulb; X-sync at 1/250 s|
|Continuous shooting||14 fps with full AF/AE tracking; 16 fps in Live View mode|
|Viewfinder||Eye-level pentaprism with 100% coverage and 0.76x magnification / LCD (Live View)|
|Image processor||DIGIC 6 and dual DIGIC 6+|
|Video/movie recording||4096 × 2160 (DCI 4K), 59.94 fps, approx. 800 Mbps|
|Rear LCD monitor||3.2" (8.1 cm) Clear View II colour TFT LCD touchscreen with 1,620,000 dots|
|Body composition or special features||Dust and weather sealed magnesium alloy|
|Dimensions||167.6 mm × 158 mm × 82.6 mm (6.60 in × 6.22 in × 3.25 in)|
|Weight||1,340 g (2.95 lb) including battery, body only|
|List price||US$ 5,999.00|
|Replaced||Canon EOS-1D X|
The Canon EOS-1D X Mark II is the company's 20-megapixel full-frame DSLR flagship camera, announced on February 1, 2016, by Canon with an MSRP of US$5,999.00. It is the successor to the Canon EOS-1D X, which was released in 2012.
New features over the Canon EOS-1D X are:
- DCI 4K (4096×2160) with up to 60 fps (59.94 fps) up to 29'59"
- Continuous shooting rate of up to 14 frames per second with full autofocus; 16 fps in live view with locked focus and exposure. These rates are available when using the new LP-E19 battery. The EOS-1D X Mk II accepts the LP-E4N batteries of the Mk I and LP-E4 batteries of the 1D Mark IV, but burst mode reverts to the Mk I maximum of 12/14 fps.
- Full HD video (1920×1080) up to 120 fps (119.9 fps)
- All AF points support to a maximum aperture of f/8
- Digital lens optimizer for JPEG shooting.
- AI Servo AF III
- Continuous red illumination of all AF points
- Support for CFast (a variant of CompactFlash) memory cards
- Built-in GPS used for geotag information and syncing to UTC time
- One additional stop of ISO range with it being expandable to 409600
- Anti-flicker feature (introduced with the EOS 7D Mark II) – camera can be set to adjust the moment of exposure to compensate for flickering electric lighting
- A touchscreen LCD, which allows videographers to select the camera’s AF point before and during video recording.
- Wi-Fi for wireless file transfer (with wireless transmitter)
Comparison with the EOS-1D X
|Model||EOS-1D X||EOS-1D X Mark II|
|Sensor size||Full-frame (36x24mm)|
|Sensor resolution||approximately 18.1 megapixels (5184×3456)||approximately 20.2 megapixels (5472×3648)|
|Metering sensor||approximately 100,000 pixel RGB sensor (with dedicated DIGIC 4 processor)||approximately 360,000 pixel RGB+IR metering sensor (with dedicated DIGIC 6 processor)|
|Autofocus points||61 points (41 cross-type),
1-5 point (cross-type) at f/2.8
10-20 point (cross-type) at f/4.0
15-21 point (cross-type) at f/5.6
1 point (cross-type) at f/8.0
|61 points (41 cross-type),|
61 points (21 cross-type) at f/8
|Processor||Dual DIGIC 5+||Dual DIGIC 6+|
|ISO sensitivity||100 – 51200 (Lo: 50, up to H2: 204800)||100 – 51200 (Lo: 50, up to H3: 409600)|
|Max. continuous shooting||approximately 14 fps with mirror locked up (JPEG),
approximately 12 fps with full AF/AE tracking (JPEG/RAW/RAW+JPEG)
|approximately 16 fps in live view mode (JPEG/RAW/RAW+JPEG),|
approximately 14 fps with full AF/AE tracking (JPEG/RAW/RAW+JPEG)
|Shutter speeds||1/8000 s to 30 s, bulb, x-sync at 1/250 s|
|Video record||Full HD (1920×1080): 60 fps/50 fps/30 fps/25 fps/24 fps (MPEG-4 AVC／H.264),
ALL-I and IPB supported
|DCI 4K (4096×2160): 60 fps/50 fps/30 fps/25 fps/24 fps (Motion JPEG),|
Full HD (1920×1080): 120 fps/100 fps/60 fps/50 fps/30 fps/25 fps/24 fps (MPEG-4 AVC／H.264),
ALL-I, IPB (standard) and IPB (light) supported
|Viewfinder magnification||approximately 0.76×|
|LCD||approximately 1040K pixels, 3.2" monitor||approximately 1620K pixels, 3.2" touchscreen monitor|
|Lens mount||EF mount|
|Card formats compatibility||2 CompactFlash (Type I&II, UDMA 7 supported) slots||1 CFast (CFast2.0 supported) and 1 CompactFlash (Type I, UDMA 7 supported) slots|
|Battery compatibility||Canon LP-E4N, Canon LP-E4||Canon LP-E19, Canon LP-E4N, Canon LP-E4|
|LAN (wired)||IEEE802.3u (supported Ethernet 1000BASE-T / 100BASE-TX / 10BASE-T)|
|Wi-Fi||External accessory; supported IEEE802.11n (150 Mbit/s)/ IEEE802.11a (54 Mbit/s)/ IEEE802.11g (54 Mbit/s)/ IEEE802.11b (11 Mbit/s) via Canon WFT-E6||External accessory; supported IEEE802.11ac (433 Mbit/s)/ IEEE802.11n (150 Mbit/s)/ IEEE802.11a (54 Mbit/s)/ IEEE802.11g (54 Mbit/s)/ IEEE802.11b (11 Mbit/s) via Canon WFT-E8|
|GPS||External accessory||Built-in (supported GPS satellites, GLONASS and QZSS (Michibiki))|
|Announced||October 18, 2011
(released on June 20, 2012)
|February 2, 2016|
(released on April 2016)
|Dimensions||approximately 158 by 163.6 by 82.7 millimetres (6.22 in × 6.44 in × 3.26 in)||approximately 158 by 167.6 by 82.6 millimetres (6.22 in × 6.60 in × 3.25 in)|
|Mass||approximately 1,340 grams (47 oz) (body only)|
- "EOS-1D X Mark II". Canon Camera Museum.
- Alvarez, Edgar (1 February 2015). "EOS-1D X Mark II: Canon's flagship DSLR goes 4K". Engadget. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- Seymour, Tom (2 February 2016). "Canon launch The EOS-1D X Mark II – a flagship DSLR with 4K capability". British Journal of Photography. Retrieved 2 February 2016.
- "Specifications - EOS-1D X Mark II". Canon UK. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- Rudy Winston (1 February 2016). "What's New: AF at f/8 with EOS-1D X Mark II". Canon.
- "EOS-1D X Mark II". Canon USA.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Canon EOS-1D X Mark II.|
Image processor: Non-DIGIC | DIGIC | DIGIC II | DIGIC III | DIGIC 4 / 4+ | DIGIC 5 / 5+ | DIGIC 6 / 6+ | DIGIC 7 | DIGIC 8