Canon EOS 200D
Canon 200D with Kit Lens
|Lens||Interchangeable, Canon EF, EF-S Mount|
|Image sensor type||CMOS|
|Image sensor size||22.3mm x 14.9 mm|
|Maximum resolution||Approx. 24.20 megapixels|
|Storage||SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS Speed Class 1 compatible)|
|Focus areas||9 AF points, 1 cross type (center)|
|Exposure metering||63 zone dual-layer, Via Optical Viewfinder|
|Metering modes||Evaluative, Partial, Spot, Centre-weighted Average|
|Flash||Built-in Pop-up Flash, external flash connector available|
|Shutter speed range||30-1/4000 sec (1/2 or 1/3 stop increments), Bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode)|
|Viewfinder||Pentamirror, Approx. 95% Coverage|
|Image processor||DIGIC 7|
|Video/movie recording||MP4 (Video: H.264 inter frame, Sound: Linear PCM / AAC, recording level can be manually adjusted by user). 1920 x 1080 (59.94, 50 fps) inter-frame. 1280 x 720 (59.94, 50 fps) inter-frame (for more movie sizes, see Official page)|
|Rear LCD monitor||Vari angle touchscreen 7.7 cm (3.0") 3:2, approx. 1040 K RGB dots|
|Battery||Rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E17|
The Canon EOS 200D, known as the EOS Rebel SL2 in the Americas and EOS Kiss X9 in Japan, is a 24.2-megapixel digital single-lens reflex camera made by Canon. It was announced on June 28, 2017 with a suggested retail price of $549 for the body and $699 with the Canon EF-S 18-55m f/4-5.6 IS STM lens. The European release price is significantly higher, at €599 for the body only, the equivalent of $671 at current conversion rates (but this price may include VAT).
Its uses an APS-C CMOS sensor, Dual Pixel CMOS AF, DIGIC 7 image processor, ISO 100-25600 range, optical viewfinder with a 9-point AF system, 3.0-inch 1040k dot articulated touchscreen, 1080p60 video with microphone input, and built-in Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth. It became available in July 2017 alongside Canon's parallel announcement of the 6D Mk II. It weighs 453 grams including battery and memory card.
The Canon 200D shares a similar set of features with the Canon EOS 100D. Both models are the smallest DSLR cameras produced by Canon, described as "the smallest and lightest DSLR" and are upper entry-level DSLRs. However, the 200D has the improved Dual-pixel CMOS AF system and the improved DIGIC 7 image processor.
- 24.2 effective megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 7 image processor
- Continuous Shooting Speed of 5 fps
- ISO Sensitivity 100 - 25600, expandable to 51200
- 9-point AF system, with centre point AF cross type
- 3-inch touch-screen monitor
- Liveview Mode, 100% coverage
- Pop-up Flash
- "Canon EOS Rebel SL2 / EOS 200D review". TechRadar. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- "Canon EOS 6D Mark II and EOS 200D official: A DSLR to suit all levels - Pocket-lint". www.pocket-lint.com. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- "Canon EOS 200D Digitale Spiegelreflexkamera (24,2 Megapixel, APS-C CMOS-Sensor, WLAN mit NFC, Full-HD, 7.7 cm (3 Zoll) Display, DIGIC 7) nur Gehäuse schwarz". www.amazon.de (in German). Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Canon announces EOS 6D Mark II and EOS 200D". GSMArena.com. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- "Canon EOS 200D preview: The perfect mini DSLR for beginners? - Pocket-lint". www.pocket-lint.com. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- UK,www.canon.co.uk, Canon. "Specifications & Features - Canon UK". www.canon.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- "Guide to DSLRs launched in 2013 - Amateur Photographer". Amateur Photographer. 2014-01-29. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
Image processor: Non-DIGIC | DIGIC | DIGIC II | DIGIC III | DIGIC 4 / 4+ | DIGIC 5 / 5+ | DIGIC 6 / 6+ | DIGIC 7 | DIGIC 8