Canon EOS 450D
|Type||Digital single-lens reflex camera|
|Lens||Canon EF lens mount, Canon EF-S lens mount|
|Sensor||CMOS APS-C 22.2 mm × 14.8 mm (1.6× conversion factor)|
|Maximum resolution||12.2 effective megapixels, 4,272 × 2,848|
|Film speed||ISO 100 to 1600|
|Storage media||Secure Digital card|
Secure Digital High Capacity
|Focus modes||One-shot, predictive AI servo, automatic switching autofocus; manual focus|
|Focus areas||9 AF points|
|Exposure modes||Automatic shiftable programme, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, auto depth-of-field, full auto, programmed modes, manual, E-TTL II autoflash, programme AE|
|Exposure metering||Full aperture TTL, 35-zone SPC|
|Metering modes||Spot, evaluative, partial (approx. 9% at center of viewfinder), centre-weighted average|
|Flash||E-TTL II automatic built-in pop-up, 13 m ISO 100 guide number, 27 mm (equivalent in 35 format) lens focal length coverage; compatible with Canon EX Series Speedlite external hotshoe-mount flashes|
|Shutter||focal-plane, vertical travel, mechanical|
|Shutter speed range||1/4000 s to 30 s, 1/200 s X-sync|
|Continuous shooting||3.5 frames/s for 53 JPEG frames or 6 raw frames|
|Viewfinder||Eye-level pentamirror SLR, 95% coverage, 0.87× magnification|
|Image processor||DIGIC III|
|White balance||Auto, daylight, shade, cloudy, tungsten light, white fluorescent light, flash, manual, user-set|
|WB bracketing||±3 stops in 1-stop increments|
|LCD screen||3.0 in (76 mm) color TFT LCD, 230,000 pixels|
|Battery||LP-E5 battery pack|
|Dimensions||128.8 mm × 97.5 mm × 61.9 mm (5.07 in × 3.84 in × 2.44 in) (W × H × D)|
|Weight||475 g (16.8 oz) (body only)|
|Predecessor||Canon EOS 400D|
|Successor||Canon EOS 500D|
The EOS 450D (called EOS Rebel XSi in North America and EOS Kiss X2 in Japan) is a 12.2-megapixel digital single-lens reflex camera that is part of the Canon EOS line of cameras. It is the successor to the EOS 400D/Digital Rebel XTi. It was announced on 23 January 2008 and released in March 2008 and April 2008 in North America. It was succeeded by the Canon EOS 500D (Rebel T1i in North America) which was announced on 25 March 2009.
Like its predecessors, it takes EF and EF-S lenses as well as a large selection of EOS system accessories.
- 12.2-megapixel CMOS sensor.
- DIGIC III image processor
- 14-bit analog-to-digital signal conversion
- 3.0-inch (76 mm) LCD monitor
- Live View mode
- Nine-point AF with centre cross-type sensors
- Four metering modes, using 35-zones: spot, partial, center-weighted average, and evaluative metering.
- Built-in flash
- Auto lighting optimiser
- Highlight tone priority
- EOS integrated cleaning system
- sRGB and Adobe RGB color spaces
- ISO 100–1600 (separate ISO button similar to the Canon EOS-1D professional series)
- Continuous drive up to 3.5 frames per second (53 images (JPEG), 6 images (raw))
- Canon EF/EF-S lenses
- Canon EX Speedlites
- PAL/NTSC video output
- SD and SDHC memory card file storage 32GB max
- File Formats include: JPEG, raw (14-bit, Canon original, 2nd edition)
- Raw and large JPEG simultaneous recording
- USB 2.0 computer interface
- LP-E5 battery
- Optional BG-E5 battery grip
- Approximate weight 0.475 kg (16.8 oz)
- ^ "Canon EOS 450D / EOS Rebel XSi". Digital Photography Review. 24 January 2008.
- ^ "EOS 450D: get ready to play". 24 January 2008. Archived from the original on 29 January 2008. Retrieved 24 January 2008.
- ^ "Canon Press Release". 23 January 2008. Retrieved 24 January 2008.
- ^ "Canon USA EOS 500D" (Press release). Canon USA. 25 March 2009. Archived from the original on 27 March 2009. Retrieved 25 March 2009.
- ^ "EOS Digital Rebel XSi". Canon Camera Museum.
- Official website Archived 19 April 2010 at the Wayback Machine