Canon EOS 6D Mark II
|Type||Digital single-lens reflex camera|
|Sensor size||36 × 24 mm (Full-frame format)|
|Maximum resolution||6240 × 4160 |
(approx. 26.2 effective megapixels)
|Film speed||100 – 40000, expandable from L: 50 to H1: 51200, H2: 102400|
|Storage media||SD/SDHC/SDXC card (UHS-I bus supported)|
|Focus modes||One-Shot, AI Focus, AI Servo, Live View (FlexiZone - Multi, FlexiZone - Single, Face detection, Movie Servo)|
|Focus areas||45 cross-type AF points, the center point is sensitive down to EV -3 at f/2.8.|
|Exposure modes||Scene Intelligent Auto, Creative Auto, Special Scene (Group Photo, Kids, Food, Candlelight, Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Panning), Creative Filters, Program AE, Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual exposure, Movie|
|Exposure metering||TTL, full aperture, 7560 pixels RGB + IR sensor|
|Metering modes||Evaluative, Partial, Spot, Centre-weighted Average|
|Shutter speed range||1/4000 s – 30 s, Bulb; X-sync at 1/180 s|
|Continuous shooting||Up to 6.5 fps (at 1/500 s or faster) (4.5 fps in Live view mode)|
|Viewfinder||Optical pentaprism with 98% coverage and 0.71× magnification / LiveView LCD|
|Image processor||DIGIC 7|
|White balance||Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, White Fluorescent, Flash, Kelvin temperature, Custom|
|LCD screen||3.0" (7.7 cm) Clear View II colour TFT vari-angle LCD touchscreen with 1,040,000 dots|
|Battery||Li-Ion LP-E6N rechargeable|
|Dimensions||144.0 mm × 110.5 mm × 74.8 mm (5.67 in × 4.35 in × 2.94 in)|
|Weight||685 g (24.2 oz), excluding card and battery|
Impressions from the Canon press event were mixed, with many saying the camera is "a sizeable upgrade, but feels dated". Critics point out that the 6D does not support 4K video shooting and its 45 AF points are dense around the center, resulting in slower focus and recompose maneuvers when photographing moving subjects.
New features over the EOS 6D are:
- New 26.2 megapixel CMOS sensor with Dual Pixel CMOS AF, (total 27.1 megapixels), instead of 20mp CMOS sensor with contrast detect.
- DIGIC 7, standard ISO 100–40000, expandable from L: 50 to H1: 51200, H2: 102400, compares (DIGIC 5+, ISO 100 – 25600, H 51200, H2 102400).
- New 7560-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor to aid the AF system
- 45 cross-type AF points, compared to 11, with center point is the only cross-type.
- Of these points, 27 will autofocus when the body is attached to only 2 lens/teleconverter combination with a maximum aperture of f/8. The EF 100–400mm f/4.5–5.6L IS II lens, with Extender EF 1.4x III and EF 200–400mm f/4L IS Extender 1.4x lens, used with Extender EF 2x III (AF at 27 focus points, and the central 9 points acting as cross-type points). The EOS 6D Mark II is the first non-professional full-frame EOS body that can autofocus in this situation; previous non-professional bodies could not autofocus if the maximum aperture of an attached lens/teleconverter combination was smaller than f/5.6 (This feature had previously been included in three non-professional APS-C bodies: first the 80D, followed by the 77D and EOS 800D/Rebel T7i.)
- At f/5.6, center AF point supporting down to EV -2.
- With f/2.8 lens, AF sensitive down to EV -3.
- High-speed Continuous Shooting at up to 6.5 fps, 4 fps in Live view mode with Servo AF.
- For anti-flicker shooting: max. approx. 5.6 shots/sec.
- Low speed continuous shooting: 3 fps
- Built-in NFC and Bluetooth.
- 1080p at 60/50 fps video recording capability
- 4K time-lapse movie
- Built-in HDR and time-lapse recording capability
- Flash Sync Speed 1/180
- Battery life: 1,200 shots. (1,100 at 0 °C/32 °F; 380 with live view or 340 with live view at 0 °C/32 °F.)
- New Intelligent viewfinder with grid, dual axis electronic level, warning icons.
- Fully articulated touchscreen compared fixed screen on EOS 6D.
- Supporting Panning mode in SCN.
- "Canon 6D Mark II Unveiled: A Cheaper Full-Frame DSLR for Enthusiasts". PetaPixel. 2017-06-28. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- "Canon introduces highly anticipated EOS 6D Mark II full-frame DSLR". dpreview.com. Retrieved 13 April 2018.
- "Canon's long awaited 6D Mark II is a huge upgrade, but it's missing 4K video". The Verge. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- "Canon Charts Non-4K Course With Canon EOS 6D Mark II". News Ledge. 2017-06-29. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- Kai W (2017-06-28), Canon 6D Mark II & 200D/Rebel SL2/X8 Hands-on Preview, retrieved 2017-06-29
- Adorama (2017-06-28), CANON EOS 6D MARK II: First Look with Rick Sammon, Canon Explorer of Light, retrieved 2017-06-29
- Tony & Chelsea Northrup (2017-06-29), Canon 6D Mark II Preview, retrieved 2017-06-29
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to |
DIGIC II |
DIGIC III |
DIGIC 4 / 4+ |
DIGIC 5 / 5+ |
DIGIC 6 / 6+ |
DIGIC 7 |
DIGIC 8 |