Canon EOS 77D
|Type||Digital single-lens reflex camera|
|Lens||Interchangeable (EF / EF-S)|
|Sensor size||22.3 × 14.9 mm (APS-C format)|
|Maximum resolution||6000 × 4000 pixels (3.72 μm pixel size) (approx. 24.2 effective megapixels)|
|Storage media||SD/SDHC/SDXC card (UHS-I bus supported)|
|Focus modes||One-Shot, AI Focus, AI Servo, Live View (FlexiZone - Multi, FlexiZone - Single, Face detection, Movie Servo)|
|Focus areas||45 cross-type AF points|
|Exposure modes||Scene Intelligent Auto, Flash Off, Creative Auto, Special Scene (Group Photo Kids, Food, Candlelight, Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports), Creative Filters, Program AE, Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual exposure, Movie|
|Exposure metering||TTL, full aperture, 63 zones sensor with 7560 pixels RGB + IR sensor|
|Metering modes||Evaluative, Partial, Spot, Centre-weighted Average|
|Flash||E-TTL II auto-pop-up built-in / External|
|Shutter speed range||1/4000 s – 30 s, Bulb; X-sync at 1/200 s|
|Continuous shooting||Up to 6 fps (at 1/500 s or faster) (4.5 fps in Live view mode)|
|Viewfinder||Optical pentamirror with 95% coverage and 0.82× magnification / LiveView LCD|
|Image processor||DIGIC 7|
|White balance||Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, White Fluorescent, Flash, Custom|
|Video recording||1920 x 1080 (59.954, 29.97, 25, 23.98 fps)
1280 x 720 (59.94, 50, 29.97 fps)640 x 480 (29.97, 25 fps)
|LCD screen||3.0" (7.7 cm) Clear View II colour TFT vari-angle LCD touchscreen with 1,040,000 dots|
|Battery||Li-Ion LP-E17 rechargeable (1800 mAh); 600 shots (CIPA rating)|
|Dimensions||131 × 100 × 76 mm (5.16 × 3.94 × 2.99″) (W × H × D)|
|Weight||493 g (17.4 oz) (body only)|
The Canon EOS 77D, known in Japan as the EOS 9000D, and in Mainland China as the EOS 770D, is a digital single-lens reflex camera announced by Canon on February 14, 2017. It has a body-only MSRP of US$899.99, which is more expensive than Canon EOS 760D, which it replaces. The camera can be purchased as a body-only, as kit with the 18-55mm IS STM lens at US$1,049, with the new 18-135mm IS USM lens at US$1,499.
According to Canon's U.S. subsidiary, the camera "represents a new category of advanced amateur EOS cameras, a step above the Rebel series." However, at least one reviewer considered the 77D to be a part of the Rebel line for all practical purposes. The camera features excellent core specs and its sensor is the same as the one in the Canon 80D. The biggest differences between the 80D and 77D are that the 77D has a Digic 7 engine, Movie Electronic IS (electronic stabilisation for movies) and bluetooth, the 80D has better weather sealing, pentaprism viewfinder and has Focus Microadjustment (AFMA). The 77D includes a similar but not identical layout to the EOS 80D. It has the same twin control dials, dedicated AF-ON button and top-plate LCD as in the 80D.
The 77D is geared toward the semi-pro crowd. Canon does not offer a battery grip for this model, although some aftermarket grips are available, with the shutter button working via an external cable.
New features over the EOS 750D are:
- New 24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor with Dual Pixel CMOS AF, instead of Hybrid CMOS AF III.
- Canon released the Dual Pixel CMOS AF version in EOS 77D, EOS 80D, EOS 200D, EOS 800D, and also M6 it is the world's fastest AF focusing speed of 0.03 second.
- 45 cross-type AF points, compared to 19.
- DIGIC 7, standard ISO 100–25600, H:51200 (DIGIC 6, ISO 100–12800, H:25600 on the 760D)
- High-speed Continuous Shooting at up to 6.0 fps
- Built-in NFC, and Bluetooth.
- 1080p at 60/50 fps video recording capability
- Movie Electronic IS (electronic stabilisation for movies)
- Built-in HDR and time-lapse recording capability
- Inherited AF-ON button from mid-line and pro-line.
- 15 Custom Functions with 44 settings settable with the camera
- By default, the 77D uses Canon's standard UI, but it can be switched to the more beginner-friendly graphic UI also found in the new T7i if desired
- Compatible with Bluetooth remote BR-E1
- "New Canon EOS 77D sits between Rebel T7i and EOS 80D". Retrieved 10 November 2018.
- "New Canon EOS Rebel T7i and EOS 77D Cameras Possess Stunning Autofocus Capabilities" (Press release). Canon U.S.A., Inc. February 14, 2017. Retrieved February 17, 2017.
- Carnathan, Bryan. "Canon EOS 77D Review". The-Digital-Picture.com. Retrieved February 18, 2017.
- admin (21 February 2017). "Canon 77D Review and Recommendation". Retrieved 10 November 2018.
- DigitalRev: Canon EOS 77D vs EOS 80D: What are the Differences? - DigitalRev, accessdate: 8. July 2019
- Canon's latest DSLRs are the EOS 77D and Rebel T7i: Canon's latest DSLRs are the EOS 77D and Rebel T7i, accessdate: 29. joulukuuta 2018
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Canon EOS 77D.|
Image processor: Non-DIGIC | DIGIC | DIGIC II | DIGIC III | DIGIC 4 / 4+ | DIGIC 5 / 5+ | DIGIC 6 / 6+ | DIGIC 7 | DIGIC 8 | DIGIC X