Canon EOS M2
|Type||Mirrorless interchangeable lens camera|
|Lens mount||Canon EF-M|
|Image sensor type||CMOS II|
|Image sensor size||22.3 mm × 14.9 mm|
|Maximum resolution||18 megapixels|
|Recording medium||SD, SDHC, SDXC|
|Shutter||Electronically-controlled vertical-travel focal-plane shutter|
|Shutter speeds||30 s to 1/4000 s and bulb|
|Continuous shooting||3.4 frame/s|
|Rear LCD monitor||3 in, 1,040,000 dots|
|Dimensions||108.6 mm × 66.5 mm × 32.3 mm|
|Weight||274 g (0.604 lb) including battery|
Similar to its predecessor, the Canon EOS M, the EOS M2 uses the Canon EF-M lens mount, an 18 megapixel APS-C sensor and a DIGIC 5 image processor. The newer EOS M2 adds phase detection autofocus for improved autofocus speed, plus integrated Wi-Fi with support for wireless image transfer and remote control via a smartphone app. The camera has a 3-inch touchscreen with support for multi-touch gestures such as pinch to zoom, swiping and tapping.
The camera does not include a built-in flash or electronic viewfinder, but does support external Canon Speedlite external flashes via a hot shoe. The EOS M2 was offered in certain markets as a kit including a Speedlite 90 EX flash. The camera can also accept Canon EF and EF-S lenses with an additional mount adapter. The camera is capable of supporting Standard Definition video at 30fps or 25fps, 720p HD video at 60fps or 50fps, and 1080p Full HD video at 30fps, 24fps or 25fps.
The EOS M2 was announced in Japan in December 2013 with a suggested retail price of ¥64800 for the body only, or ¥84800 for a kit including the EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens and Speedlite 90 EX flash.
Canon confirmed at the camera's launch that it had no plans to market the camera in Europe or North America.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to
- "Canon announces EOS M2 in Japan". Digital Photography Review. 2013-12-03. Retrieved 2015-05-11.
- "Canon takes a second shot at the mirrorless market with the EOS M2". The Verge. 2013-12-03. Retrieved 2015-05-11.
- "Canon EOS M3 to see European and Asian release with no plans for a North American launch". Digital Photography Review. 2015-02-06. Retrieved 2015-05-11.
- "The Canon EOS M2 mirrorless camera". BobAtkins.com. 2013-12-03. Retrieved 2015-05-11.
- "Full Canon EOS M2 Specs". The-Digital-Picture.com. 2013-12-03. Retrieved 2015-05-11.
|Canon EOS digital camera timeline (comparison)|
Image processor: Non-DIGIC DIGIC | DIGIC II | DIGIC III | DIGIC 4 | DIGIC 5 / 5+ | DIGIC 6 / 6+