Canon EOS 100D
|Type||Digital single-lens reflex camera|
|Lens||Interchangeable (EF / EF-S)|
|Image sensor type||CMOS|
|Image sensor size||22.3 × 14.9 mm (APS-C format)|
|Maximum resolution||5184 × 3456 (18.0 effective megapixels)|
|ASA/ISO range||100 – 12800 (expandable to H: 25600)|
|Storage||SD/SDHC/SDXC card (UHS-I bus supported)|
|Focus modes||Evaluative, Partial, Spot, Centre-weighted Average|
|Focus areas||9 AF points, 1 cross type (center)|
|Exposure modes||Scene Intelligent Auto, Flash Off, Creative Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Special Scenes (Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control, Kids, Foods, Candlelight), Program AE, Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual Exposure, Movie|
|Exposure metering||Full aperture TTL, 63 zones iFCL SPC|
|Metering modes||Evaluative, Partial, Spot, Centre-weighted Average|
|Flash||E-TTL II auto-pop-up built-in / External|
|Flash bracketing||Yes, with external flash|
|Shutter speed range||1/4000 sec. – 30 sec. and Bulb; X-sync at 1/200 sec.|
|Continuous shooting||4.0 fps for 28 JPEG frames or for 7 RAW frames|
|Viewfinder||Eye-level pentamirror with 95% coverage and 0.87x magnification / LCD (Live View)|
|Image processor||DIGIC 5|
|Custom WB||Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, White Fluorescent, Flash, Custom|
|Rear LCD monitor||3.0" (7.7 cm) Clear View II colour TFT touchscreen LCD with 1,040,000 dots|
|Battery||Lithium-Ion LP-E12 rechargeable|
116.8 mm × 90.7 mm × 69.4 mm (4.60 in × 3.57 in × 2.73 in) |
(W x H x D)
|Weight||407 g (14.4 oz) (CIPA standard)|
|Made in||Taiwan / Japan|
The Canon EOS 100D, known as the EOS Rebel SL1 in the Americas and EOS Kiss X7 in Japan, is an 18.0-megapixel digital single-lens reflex camera announced by Canon on 21 March 2013. It has been described as the "world's smallest and lightest DSLR camera", either currently in production or in the APS-C format. Canon uses a smaller version of the APS-C sensor format than some other manufacturers including Nikon, Pentax, and Sony, with a crop factor of 1.6 rather than 1.5. It weighs 407 grams including battery and memory card.
The successor of the EOS 100D is the EOS 200D.
The EOS 100D shares a similar set of features with the larger Canon EOS 700D. However, it does have an improved focus tracking system in live view mode called Hybrid CMOS AF II with 80% frame coverage. The 700D has the previous version of Hybrid CMOS AF with much reduced frame coverage.
- 18.0 effective megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 5 image processor with 14-bit processing
- 95% viewfinder frame coverage with 0.87x magnification
- 1080p HD video recording at 24p, 25p (25 Hz) and 30p (29.97 Hz) with drop frame timing
- 720p HD video recording at 50p (50 Hz) and 60p (59.94 Hz)
- 480p ED video recording at 30p and 25p
- 4.0 frames per second continuous shooting
- 3" Clear View II LCD touchscreen with 1.04-megapixel resolution. The 100D has a fixed screen (unlike the articulated screen of the 700D and that camera's immediate predecessors, the 650D and 600D).
- 3.5 mm microphone jack for external microphones or recorders
- 9-point autofocus sensors with 1 cross type sensor in center
- The 100D model is also available in white body color. To go together with it the two lenses were produced also in white color: EF-S 18-55mm STM and EF 40mm.
- "Canon EOS 100D launched as 18MP DSLR - News". Trusted Reviews. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
- "Guide to DSLRs launched in 2013". Amateur Photographer. 29 January 2014.
- "Canon EOS Rebel SL1 / 100D Press Release". Canon Inc., reproduced by The-digital-picture.com. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
Among digital SLR cameras which use APS-C size equivalent sensors
- "Canon EOS 100D - EOS Digital SLR and Compact System Cameras - Canon UK". Canon.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
- "Canon EOS 100D/Rebel SL1 Review: Digital Photography Review". dpreview.com. 1 July 2013.
- "Canon EOS Kiss X7 / 100D / Rebel SL1 (White) announced".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Canon EOS 100D.|
Image processor: Non-DIGIC | DIGIC | DIGIC II | DIGIC III | DIGIC 4 / 4+ | DIGIC 5 / 5+ | DIGIC 6 / 6+ | DIGIC 7 | DIGIC 8